Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies
Love peanut butter and chocolate? Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies are the treat for you! Soft peanut butter cookies filled with Reese’s Pieces and chocolate chips; these cookies will be a hit!
Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies
There is just nothing to satisfy a sweet tooth like the combo of peanut butter and chocolate. With this in mind, we made these really delicious Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies with chocolate chips.
While you’re here, be sure to also check out all of the other amazing peanut butter and chocolate combo recipes we have for you, such as Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies, Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Pie, Chocolate Peanut Butter Texas Sheet Cake, Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Cake, and Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake.
Here is what you will need to make Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies (the full list of ingredients and recipe instructions are below in the printable recipe card):
- Peanut butter – Use creamy peanut butter for the correct texture and consistency.
- Butter – Soften the butter at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before you begin making the cookies.
- Granulated sugar – Basic white sugar adds sweetness.
- Brown sugar – Brown sugar gives the cookies a nice chewy consistency.
- Egg – Just one egg will bind the cookie batter together.
- Milk – We used whole milk, but a lower fat content would also work well.
- Vanilla extract – Vanilla adds a little touch of extra flavor.
- Flour – Basic all-purpose flour is just right for this recipe.
- Baking powder – Baking powder helps the cookies puff up while they bake.
- Salt – Just a little salt helps bring out the sweetness of the cookies.
- Chocolate chips – Use semi-sweet chocolate chips (milk chocolate chips tend to burn too quickly).
- Reese’s Pieces – Reese’s pieces add more peanut butter flavor and nice texture to the cookies, plus a pop of color.
How to Make Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies
With an electric mixer, beat together the creamy peanut butter, softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until the mixture is creamy. Add the egg, milk, and vanilla extract and mix well.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add this to the wet mixture and mix until combined.
Add the semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 cup of the Reese’s Pieces.
Scoop the cookie dough onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.
Add some extra Reese’s Pieces to the top of each cookie, then bake at 350ºF for 8-10 minutes, just until set.
Cool the cookies on wire cooling racks before eating.
We love these cookies with a glass of ice cold milk!
How Should I Store the Cookies?
You’ll want to keep the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature so they can keep fresh for up to three days. Another option would be to bag the cookies in zip top freezer bags and freeze for up to three months.
More Cookie Recipes You Will Love!
- Kitchen Sink Cookies
- Chocolate Flourless Cookies
- Strawberry White Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Frosted Chocolate Pecan Cookies
Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups Reese's Pieces divided
Preheat oven to 350F.
In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the peanut butter, butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
Add the egg, milk, and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the wet mixture and mix until combined.
Stir in the semi sweet chocolate chips and 1 cup of the Reese's Pieces.
Scoop the cookie dough onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet to form dough balls placed at least 2 inches apart. Use the remaining 1/2 cup of Reese's Pieces to add extra candies to the top of each cookie dough ball.
Bake the cookies at 350F for 8-9 minutes until set. Remove from the oven and cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes, the transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool to room temperature.