Cheesecake is such a well loved dessert, and this Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Recipe is absolutely the best cheesecake I have ever made. This chocolate cheesecake is paired with fresh raspberries to create a dessert that is made in heaven.
Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Recipe
This is a fantastic chocolate raspberry cheesecake recipe that is so easy to make. It is rich and creamy and, since it is made in the Instant Pot, it comes out perfect every time. No need to worry about the cheesecake cracking, the raspberry preserves will cover the top and then it is topped with the most amazing homemade whipped cream.
- Oreos- Oreos are used to make the crust
- Unsalted butter- Always use unsalted butter because it allows you to control the salt in the recipe
- Cream cheese- Always use room temperature cream cheese when making cheesecake.
- Sour cream- Use room temperature sour cream when making cheesecake.
- Sugar-You need sugar when making cheesecake.
- Cocoa powder- Cocoa powder makes the cheesecake a chocolate cheesecake
- Eggs- Use room temperature eggs when making cheesecake
- Semi sweet chocolate chips- You can use milk chocolate or dark chocolate chips instead of the semi sweet.
- Vanilla- Always use pure vanilla and not imitation to get the best flavor.
- Heavy whipping cream- The whipping cream will make a delicious icing.
- Powdered sugar- Powdered sugar is best to use with icing.
- Smuckers Raspberry Preserves- You can use another brand if you can not get Smuckers.
- Fresh raspberries- While you can use frozen raspberries, fresh berries are best.
How to Make Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
Make the crust by grinding 24 Oreo cookies in the food processor until it is like sand.
Mix in the melted butter and then press the crumbs into the 6 inch springform pan to form the crust.
Place the pan in the freezer while making the cheesecake mixture.
Using a mixer, beat together the cream cheese, sugar and sour cream until it is smooth.
Beat the cocoa powder, melted chocolate, and vanilla until is well combined.
Beat in 1 egg at a time into the batter.
Pour the cheesecake mixture into the crust.
Cover the pan with foil.
Place the trivet inside the pot and then add 1 cup of water.
Place the pan on top of the trivet, replace the lid and set it to high pressure for 35 minutes.
Once the timer goes off, allow for a natural release for 20 minutes.
Remove the lid and use a paper towel to dap onto the foil to remove condensation and then carefully place the pot on a wire rack to cool.
Carefully remove from the pot and place onto a wire rack and allow to
Place the cheesecake into the fridge overnight.
Before serving, make the whipped cream.
Add all of the whipped cream ingredients together in a bowl and beat it on medium speed until it thickens.
Then beat it on high until it forms stiff peaks.
Scoop the whipped cream into a piping bag.
Add about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the preserves into the top of the cheesecake and smooth it evenly across.
Top with dollops of the whipped cream around the edges.
Add fresh berries on top of the whipped cream.
What Kind of Crust Goes with Chocolate Cheesecake?
Whenever I am making a chocolate cheesecake, I like to use a chocolate crust. You can buy the chocolate crumbs premade or you can add Oreos into a food processor and make your own.
Can I Use Frozen Raspberries For This Recipe?
I prefer using fresh berries in this cheesecake. It gives the best flavor and appearance. However, you can use frozen raspberries. You will want to let them thaw completely and dry them. This will keep them from adding moisture to the whipped cream and keep the raspberries from bleeding too much.
More Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipes
- Instant Pot Mint Chocolate Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Margarita Cheesecake Recipe
- Instant Pot S’Mores Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Key Lime Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Brownie Bottom Cheesecake
Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 C crushed oreos
- ¼ C unsalted butter melted
Chocolate cheesecake ingredients
- 2 - 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ C sour cream
- ⅓ C sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- ½ C semi sweet chocolate chips melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
Chocolate Whipped Cream ingredients
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- ¼ C cocoa powder
- ¼ C powdered sugar
- 1 - 18 oz Smuckers Raspberry Preserves
- 1 - 4 oz fresh raspberries for topping
- Line the bottom of a 6inch springform pan with parchment paper and spray the sides with pam baking spray
- Using a food processor, grind up 24 oreo cookies until sand texture like
- Mix in the melted butter
- Press the crushed Oreos into the springform pan
- Place into the freezer while you make the cheesecake mixture
Chocolate Cheesecake Directions
- Using a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and sour cream until combined and smooth
- Beat in the cocoa powder, melted chocolate and vanilla until combined
- Beat in 1 egg at a time until combined after each egg
- Pour cheesecake mixture into the crust
- Cover with foil
- Fill the instant pot with 1 cup of water
- Place a trivet inside
- Place the springform pan onto the trivet
- Close the lid and set to sealing
- Bake on manual setting high pressure for 35 minutes. Once timer goes off allow to natural release for 20 minutes
- Remove the lid and use a paper towel to dap onto the foil to remove condensation
- Carefully remove from the pot and place onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely
- Place into the fridge overnight
Chocolate Whipped Cream Directions
- Using a hand mixer, beat together all ingredients on medium speed until it starts to thicken
- Increase the speed and continue to mix until stiff peaks form
- Scoop whipped cream into piping bag
- Scoop out ¼ - ½ C of the raspberry preserves onto the top of the cheesecake and smooth evenly
- Pipe dollops of whipped cream around the edge of the cheesecake
- Top with fresh raspberries on top of the whipped cream
- Cut and serve!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
2 comments on “Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake”
Hi I am wondering the same thing, how do you cook it in the oven. Just got all the ingredients and realized this is instant pot recipe and I don’t have one!
Sounds incredible. How would you cook it without an Insta pot?