This Instant Pot Margarita Cheesecake is absolutely amazing. The flavor of the lime and the salt of the pretzel crust combine together to make this creamy cheesecake a unique and scrumptious dessert. This cheesecake is made in the Instant Pot which makes it extremely easy to make.
We love making Margarita desserts like our popular Strawberry Margarita Cake with Tequila Frosting, Blackberry Margarita Sheet Cake, and Layered Margarita Cake.
Instant Pot Margarita Cheesecake Recipe
One of my favorite desserts is cheesecake. I just love it. I also love that there are so many ways to make cheesecake with all kinds of different flavors. With this simple to make Instant Pot Margarita Cheesecake recipe, you will love the unique flavor. Flavored using margarita mix, this is a cheesecake you have to try.
- Pretzels- You will be using the pretzels as the crust of this cheesecake. It has the saltiness to the cheesecake.
- Butter- Always use unsalted butter so you can control the salt in the recipe.
- Brown sugar– Because brown sugar has molasses in it, it gives the crust a fantastic flavor.
- Cream cheese- Always use room temperature cream cheese. It gives the best results and helps the cheesecake from cracking.
- Granulated sugar- You need sugar for a delicious cheesecake.
- Eggs- Always make sure to use room temperature eggs.
- Margarita mix – This is where the Margarita flavor comes in. If you do not want to use the mix, you can use more lime juice instead.
- Lime- You are using both lime zest and lime juice in this cheesecake
- Sour cream- Always use room temperature sour cream.
- Cream of coconut- You want Cream of Coconut and not coconut milk
- Powdered sugar- The powdered sugar is the base for the icing
- Green food coloring- If you do not want to have the icing on top be green, you can leave out the food coloring
- Sweetened coconut- While you can use unsweetened, using sweetened coconut is best
How to Make a Margarita Cheesecake
Start by making the crust. Add all of the crust ingredients into the food processor and mix until it resembles damp sand.
Press the mixture into a prepared springform pan and press it out, covering the bottom and up the sides. Place it in the freezer while making the cream cheese filling.
Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until fluffy.
Add the eggs, one at a time, until combined.
Add the lime juice, margarita mix, and sour cream together until smooth. Be sure not to overbeat.
Pour the filling into the crust and run a fork through the batter to remove air bubbles.
Cover the pan with foil and add a few holes to let the steam escape.
Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the Instant pot and then add the trivet.
Bake the cheesecake on high pressure for 75 minutes.
When the time is up, turn the Instant Pot off and let the cheesecake have a natural release for 15 minutes.
Release the pressure manually and remove the foil.
If the cheesecake jiggles in the center, it is done. If the cheesecake jiggles overall, bake it for another 10 minutes.
Spread the coconut on a baking sheet and bake it for 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven until it is lightly browned.
Mix the cream cheese, butter, lime juice, and cream of coconut.
Add the powdered sugar in small amounts until it is all mixed in and fluffy.
Set aside 1/3 of the icing aside for the border.
Add 1 drop of green food coloring to the 1/3 and mix it completely.
Use the white frosting to spread over the cheesecake.
Use a piping bag with the green frosting and make a border on the cheesecake.
Sprinkle the toasted coconut over the cheesecake and chill for 2 hours.
Is This a Virgin Margarita Cheesecake?
The best thing about this virgin margarita cheesecake is that there is no alcohol in it. The margarita flavor in this cheesecake is from the margarita mix and limes.
What Size Pan do You Need for Cheesecake?
When you are making cheesecake in the Instant Pot, you can use an 8 inch pan but if you are using a springform pan, which is best for a cheesecake, you want to stick to a 7 inch pan. The springform pan is slightly bigger because of the closure.
More Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipes
- S’Mores Cheesecake
- Key Lime Cheesecake
- Creamsicle Cheesecake
- Brownie Bottom Cheesecake
- Raspberry Cheesecake
Instant Pot Margarita Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 c pretzel crumbs pretzels crushed in food processor
- 8 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 32 oz cream cheese softened
- 1½ c granulated sugar
- 3 lg eggs room temperature
- 3 tbsp liquid margarita mix and 1 tbsp lime juice can substitute 4 tbsp lime juice if you don't want to use the mix
- 1 tsp lime zest
- ½ c sour cream
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 c butter softened
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp cream of coconut
- 1-1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1 drop green food coloring
- ⅔ c sweetened coconut
- Line 8-inch springform pan with a circle cut to fit from parchment paper. With non-stick cooking spray, lightly spray sides and bottom of pan.
- Mix all crust ingredients together until the consistency of damp sand. Add more melted butter if too dry.
- Pat mixture into bottom and up the sides of pan. Place in freezer while preparing filling.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, combine cream cheese and granulated sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time mixing each until combined.
- Add lime juice, lime zest, margarita mix and sour cream. Mix on medium speed until smooth. Do not overbeat.
- Pour into crust. Run a fork through the filling several times to remove air bubbles.
- Cover with foil, sealing edges. Poke a small hole in center of foil to allow steam to escape.
- Add 1½ cups of water to bottom of Instant Pot.
- Set cheesecake pan on trivet that comes with your pot and lower into Instant Pot.
- Set on manual high pressure for 75 minutes.
- When time is up, turn Instant Pot off and allow the cheesecake to remain in pot for 15 minutes.
- Manually release any remaining pressure and remove cheesecake. Remove foil and check for doneness. If the cheesecake jiggles only in the center, it is done. If it jiggles overall, replace foil and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread coconut on baking sheet and toast for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Mix cream cheese, butter, lime juice and cream of coconut, mix until combined.
- Add powdered sugar, in small amounts at a time, mixing well until fluffy.
- Set aside ⅓ of icing for border. Add 1 drop of green food coloring to this ⅓ mixing until thoroughly incorporated. Set aside.
- Using the undyed portion of icing, spread it thickly across the cheesecake.
- Using a piping bag and a #1M tip, pipe the green icing border on cheesecake.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut across top of cheesecake.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before slicing.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.