Warning: this gingerbread fudge is dangerously delicious! It’s so easy to make, and it packs a ton of flavor. You’ll love the combination of spices and sweetness. Look no further than our amazing gingerbread fudge recipe!
If you love gingerbread, this is the best recipe ever. This gingerbread fudge is so delicious, it will make your mouth water. You won’t believe how much gingerbread flavor is in this fudge. This fudge is so good, you won’t be able to resist this sweet Christmas treat.
Key Ingredients For Gingerbread Fudge
- White Chocolate Chips– This is the base of the gingerbread fudge. If you prefer a stronger chocolate flavor, you can use chocolate chips, however, this will over power the flavor of the gingerbread.
- Molasses- Molasses is a key ingredient in gingerbread.
- Spices– You need certain spiced to bring in the flavor of gingerbread. You want to use cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, cloves
- Christmas Sprinkles- The sprinkles bring in the Christmas color and design.
What Gives the Gingerbread Flavor?
The ingredients that provide this fudge with the amazing gingerbread flavor are the spices. The spices include cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves. This is the best combination for a great gingerbread flavor.When those spices combine with molasses, you get the undeniable gingerbread flavor.
How Long Does Gingerbread Fudge Stay Fresh?
It is important to keep fudge cool to keep the recipe as fresh and stored for as long as possible. Placing the fudge in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer will keep the fudge fresh the longest. Storing at room temperature will keep the fudge good for about 1-2 weeks. In the fridge will allow for 2-3 weeks, and in the freezer which is the best option for storing fudge meant to last a while is 2-3 months.
How to Make Gingerbread Fudge
Step 1- Fudge.
Use pam baking spray to grease an 8×8-inch baking dish and also, use parchment paper to line it (greasing before lining reduces the risk of the warm fudge moving). Add all the fudge ingredients except the sprinkles into a medium pot and combine over medium heat until smooth and melted.
Step 2- Topping.
Add the fudge into the prepared baking dish and use a spatula to evenly spread.
Top the fudge with Christmas Sprinkles and gently press into the fudge to keep the sprinkles from getting stuck while chilling in the fridge.
Place into the fridge overnight to set for the best results, cut into squares, and serve!
Can This Fudge be Frozen?
Yes, this can be frozen. You will need to place the recipe in an airtight container and if you make more than one batch, separate the fudge using parchment paper. This fudge will last 2-3 months in the freezer.
More Fudge Recipes:
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper. Spray the baking dish with cooking spray before placing the parchment paper inside the baking dish.
- This will allow the parchment paper stick to the pan to avoid moving when you pour the cooked fudge into the pan
- Using a medium pot, combine all ingredients except the sprinkles into the pot and stir over medium heat.
- Continue to stir until melted and smooth and combined
- Pour the fudge into the baking dish and smooth evenly
- Sprinkle the Christmas sprinkles onto the top of the fudge and lightly press down. This will help keep the sprinkles stuck in the fudge