This Christmas Margarita is always a huge hit for Holiday gatherings and so simple to make. Flavored with cranberry, pomegranate, lime and Tequila.
The Best Christmas Margarita Recipe
Adult drinks are almost a must with how crazy the holidays get, with worrying about presents, family reunions, a Christmas party, etc. This Christmas margarita recipe is a combination of cranberry, pomegranate, and key lime juice. Which is then spiked with orange liqueur and gold Tequila with a salted syrup rim. A super fun twist on a classic margarita.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
- Juice: You will need a combination of cranberry (red or white cranberry juice), pomegranate, and key lime juice.
- Liquor: You will need orange liquor and Gold Tequila for this cocktail.
- Rim: You will dip the rim into simple syrup and coat it with margarita salt.
How To Make Christmas Margaritas
- Step 1. Dip the rim of the glass in simple syrup, then in the salt. Put ice in the glass to fill it. Put 3-4 ice cubes into a cocktail shaker with the juices, Tequila, and orange Liquor and shake to fully incorporate.
- Step 2. Add the combined mixture into the prepared glass. Garnish with fresh cranberries and a lime wedge if desired. Serve and enjoy!
Best Way To Decorate a Christmas Margarita?
There are a few pretty ways to make this cocktail pop! I will sometimes use frosting and sprinkles for the rim of the glass instead of simple syrup/salt. You can also add a gold cake shimmer into the mixture for a cool effect. Feel free to also use fresh fruits like orange slices to garnish. Add some sprigs of rosemary for a beautiful presentation.
Tips & Tricks
- Frozen: Turn this into a frozen margarita by adding the ingredients to a blender with ice.
- The Rim: If you don’t have simple syrup, your best bet for a substitute is honey. Replace the salt with a cinnamon sugar rim if you prefer.
- Double: or triple the ingredients if you need more than 1 glass. You can store any extra in a pitcher with a lid depending on how much you will make.
How To Make A White Christmas Margarita
This is also a delicious version that looks snowy white.
- 2 cups cream of coconut
- 1 cup silver tequila
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup fresh lime juice (3 limes)
- ⅓ cup triple sec
- ¼ cup honey
Mix the coconut cream, tequila, coconut milk, lime juice, triple sec and honey in a large pitcher. Prepare glass the same way as directions below.
Other Favorite Margarita Recipes:
- Frozen Blueberry Margarita
- Cotton Candy Margarita
- Thanksgiving Margarita
- Pineapple Margarita
- Watermelon Margarita
- Take your glass and dip it into the simple syrup then the margarita salt.
- Fill your glass with ice.
- Take a cocktail shaker and add 3-4 pieces of ice, the juices, tequila, and orange liquor.
- Shake to combine.
- Pour the cocktail mixture into the glass.
- Garnish and enjoy