Air Fryer Taquitos with beans and cheese are delicious and so easy to make. You can make them ahead of time and then place them in the fryer for 10 minutes to have a great appetizer, snack, or dinner.
The invention of the air fryer has been one of the best things to happen to my kitchen. I can make fried food much healthier without the high fat and calories. Do you have an air fryer yet?
Air Fryer Taquitos
This is a way better tasting recipe than those frozen taquitos you can get at the grocery store. And honestly, they don’t take a lot more work than those you could buy in a box. All you really need is some tortillas, beans and seasoning!
Ingredients You’ll Need
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Pinto Beans
- Taco Sauce
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Salt
- Brown Sugar
- Cheddar Jack Cheese
How To Make Taquitos In The Air Fryer
- Boil. Place all your ingredients, minus the cheese and tortillas, in a large saucepan. Bring it to a boil and simmer.
- Assemble. Smash the beans, then spread the mixture on a slightly heated tortilla shell. Add cheese over beans and roll the tortilla tight.
- Cool. Put the taquitos in the freezer for at least two hours.
- Cook. Place in the air fryer ten minutes and enjoy.
You can prepare these ahead of time so you’ve got them all ready to go for dinner later or the next day. If you want to keep them stored longer, wrap them up in aluminum foil and keep in a tight freezer bag until you’re ready to cook.
What To Serve With Taquitos
- Spanish Rice
- Mexican Corn
- Chips and Salsa
- Salsa Verde
More Great Recipes To Try
Air Fryer Taquitos
- In a heavy saucepan, add beans, onion, taco sauce, chili powder, cumin, garlic salt, pepper, and brown sugar.
- Stir, bring to a boil, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Mash the beans until they're smooth.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave for 10 seconds.
- Spread bean mixture on tortillas and sprinkle with cheese, then roll tightly.
- Place in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Cook in the air fryer for 10 minutes at 350. Taquito's should be golden brown.
- Sprinkle with parsley (optional) and serve with salsa or taco sauce.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.