The Citrus Almond Cake is something to enjoy with guests or to make for the day and snack on throughout. This Loaf is a delicious nutty cake with Almonds on top of a sugary glaze. All of these flavors combined with a twist of citrus adds to the recipe.
Citrus Almond Cake
This Citrus Almond Cake is so good! This cake recipe has two ingredients to add that tangy and citrus flavor. With the juice from a lime and lemon with the zest as well, you create this unique flavor. Some unique flavors for loaves can be made by making these two other recipes. You can enjoy this Christmas Red Velvet Loaf and Chocolate Peppermint Loaf recipes along with this Almond Loaf for a dessert buffet if you would like or just to try out some new flavors.
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Sugar- Every great dessert-like recipe uses sugar as an ingredient.
- Baking Powder- This will allow the loaf ingredients to rise.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors.
- Zest- You will need the zest from a lemon and lime, so be sure to zest before juicing.
- Citrus Juice- You will need freshly squeezed lemon and lime juice for this recipe.
- Canola Oil- You can use vegetable oil as a substitute.
- Milk- You will need whole milk for this recipe.
- Eggs- Use eggs that are at room temperature.
- Powdered Sugar- This sugar is great for a homemade glaze.
- Almonds- These will need to be sliced into slivers.
How to Make a Citrus Almond Cake
Set the oven to 350 degrees and use pam to grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest into a medium bowl and combine.
Add the oil, eggs, milk, and lemon juice into a large bowl and combine.
Slowly combine the wet and dry ingredeints.
Add the batter to the prepared pan and put into the oven for 55 minutes or until a toothpick placed in the middle comes out clean.
Take out and let the loaf cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
Add the glaze ingredients except for the almonds and combine in a medium bowl.
Add the finished glaze over the loaf and let the glaze pour down the sides.
Let the glaze set for 2 minutes before adding the almonds on top.
Allow the glaze to set for another 5 minutes and then, cut into slices.
Serve and Enjoy!
What Gives This an Almond Flavor?
The almond flavor comes with the topping of the loaf. The recipe ingredients include slivers of almonds. The glaze is poured over the top of the recipe and then almonds are added on top.
How Can I Keep This Almond Loaf Moist?
Keeping your bread moist is all in the way you store the recipe. You will need to place the bread in a Ziploc bag or an air-tight container. Make sure all of the air is out and the best way to store it is in the freezer, this will also help with the shelf life.
More Loaf Recipes:
- The Best Gingerbread Loaf
- Carrot Cake Loaf with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Starbucks Gingerbread Loaf Recipe
- Gingerbread Loaf with Cinnamon Frosting
Citrus Almond Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x5 loaf pan with pam baking spray
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest until combined
- Using a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat together the canola oil, eggs, milk, and lemon juice until combined
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients into the wet until combined
- Pour batter into the loaf pan and place in the oven to bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow cooling for 15 minutes before removing and placing onto a wire rack
- Using a medium bowl, whisk all ingredients except the almonds, together until combined
- Pour the glaze onto the bread loaf and allow it to pour down the sides
- Allow setting for 2 minutes before topping with the slivered almonds
- Let set for an additional 5 minutes before cutting and enjoying!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.