With a moist texture, the flavor of your favorite coffee drink, and a rich ganache topping, this Chocolate Mocha Banana Bread is a sweet dessert bread that everyone will love.
Chocolate Mocha Banana Bread
This Mocha Banana Bread tastes as if it came directly from a bakery. It is a warm, sweet, chocolatey, and moist dessert bread. Perfect to enjoy for your morning coffee or an afternoon lunch or even after dinner for a treat. This recipe will be simple to follow along with and a great addition to your collection of recipes.
I love the combination of chocolate + banana and the addition of espresso really makes this mocha banana bread stand out.
If you are looking for more decadent Chocolate recipes, I have a few I know you will love! Like my Kit Kat Chocolate Mint Cheesecake! Or my Chocolate Mousse Brownies. If you are looking for something that has both chocolate and some crunch, my Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Bark is exactly the recipe you need!
This mocha banana bread recipe uses ripe bananas and pantry staples. See the recipe card below for measurements.
- Bananas- These bananas will need to be mashed for this recipe.
- Butter– Be sure to use unsalted butter to control the salt in the recipe.
- Light brown sugar– This sugar will add flavor and moisture to the bread.
- Espresso- This will be added to the batter for flavoring. Note that you are using espresso powder, not the actual espresso.
- Eggs- Be sure to use eggs at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract- Be sure to use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Flour- Use all-purpose for the best results.
- Dark cocoa powder- This will be used for the chocolate flavoring in the recipe.
- Baking soda- This will allow the bread to rise in the oven.
- Baking powder- This will allow the ingredients to double.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Chocolate chips- These will be for the ganache on top of the recipe.
- Espresso chips- These will be sprinkled on top of the bread.
- Heavy whipping cream- This will help with the consistency of the ganache.
How Do I Ripen Bananas Fast?
The riper the banana, the sweeter the taste in this Banana Bread. You will need to place them in a paper bag, and leave them at room temperature. This process may take up to 24 hours depending on how ripe the banana already is and be sure to check every 2 to 3 hours.
How to Make Chocolate Mocha Banana Bread
This mocha banana bread is quick and easy to make.
- Make the batter. Beat together the bananas, butter, brown sugar, and espresso powder. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Gradually beat into the dry ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips and espresso chips.
- Bake. Pour the batter in the loaf pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake for 50-65 minutes. Cool completely.
- Make the ganache. Bring the whipping cream to a simmer, then pour in the chocolate chips. Whisk until smooth. Transfer to a piping bag. Drizzle over the mocha bread.
- Enjoy. Let the ganache harden for 10 minutes, then slice and enjoy.
More Banana Bread Recipes To Try
- Cake Mix Banana Bread
- Caramel Apple Banana Bread
- Coffee Cake Banana Bread
- Triple Chocolate Banana Bread
Chocolate Mocha Banana Bread
- 3 medium bananas mashed
- ½ C butter melted
- ¾ C light brown sugar packed
- 2 tsp espresso
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ C flour
- ½ C Dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher sat
- 1 C chocolate chips plus ¼ C chocolate chips to sprinkle on top
- ½ C espresso chips
- 1 9 x9 loaf pan
- ½ C chocolate chips
- ¼ C heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray the loaf pan with Pam baking spray
- Using a large bowl, beat together the mashed bananas, butter, brown sugar, and espresso powder until combined
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla until combined
- Using another large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until combined
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until combined
- Fold in the 1 C of chocolate chips and ½ C of espresso chips
- Pour batter into the loaf pan
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the batter
- Bake for 50-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow cooling completely before removing from the pan and place onto a wire rack
- Using a small pot, bring the heavy whipping cream to a simmer
- Pour over the chocolate chips and whisk until smooth
- Scoop the ganache into the piping bag and cut the tip-off
- Drizzle over the loaf and allow it to sit for 10 minutes before serving!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 1 disposable piping bag