Doesn’t the word chocolate just excite you? The flavor, the melt in your mouth texture? Chocolate can be used for so many things to enhance flavor or just add more to a dessert. And, with this Chocolate Mocha Banana Bread, you, family, and friends will fall in love.
Chocolate Mocha Banana Bread
This Mocha Banana Bread tastes as if it came directly from a bakery. It is a warm, sweet, chocolatey, and moist dessert bread. Perfect to enjoy for your morning coffee or an afternoon lunch or even after dinner for a treat. This recipe will be simple to follow along with and a great addition to your collection of recipes.
If you are looking for more decadent Chocolate recipes, I have a few I know you will love! Like my Kit Kat Chocolate Mint Cheesecake! Or my Chocolate Mousse Brownies. If you are looking for something that has both chocolate and some crunch, my Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Bark is exactly the recipe you need!
- Bananas- These bananas will need to be mashed for this recipe.
- Butter– Be sure to use unsalted butter to control the salt in the recipe.
- Light brown sugar– This sugar will add flavor and moisture to the bread.
- Espresso- This will be added to the batter for flavoring.
- Eggs- Be sure to use eggs at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract- Be sure to use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Flour- Use all-purpose for the best results.
- Dark cocoa powder- This will be used for the chocolate flavoring in the recipe.
- Baking soda- This will allow the bread to rise in the oven.
- Baking powder- This will allow the ingredients to double.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Chocolate chips- These will be for the ganache on top of the recipe.
- Espresso chips- These will be sprinkled on top of the bread.
- Heavy whipping cream- This will help with the consistency of the ganache.
How to Make Chocolate Mocha Banana Bread
Set your oven to 350 degrees and use Pam to spray a loaf pan.
Add the mashed bananas, butter, brown sugar, and espresso powder into a large bowl and beat until combined.
Mix in the eggs and vanilla and beat again until combined.
Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a separate bowl and his until combined.
Slowly add in the dry ingredients and beat to combine.
Use a measuring cup to measure out 1 C of chocolate chips and 1/2 C of espresso chips and fold into the batter.
Add the batter to the loaf pan.
Place into the preheated oven and bake for 50-65 minutes or until a toothpick placed in the center comes out clean.
Take out of the oven, let cool thoroughly before taking out of the pan and then, put onto a wire rack.
Add the heavy cream into a small pot and bring to a simmer.
Mix in the chocolate chips into a heat-safe bowl and add in the heavy cream and whisk until combined.
Add the mixture into a piping bag and use scissors to cut the end off.
Add over the finished loaf and allow to rest for about 10 minutes before enjoying!
How do I Make Espresso For This Recipe?
For this Espresso Banana bread, you will not be brewing up a cup and adding it to the recipe. You will be using the espresso powder for flavoring. The powder will be added directly into the batter and baked in.
How Do I Ripen Bananas Fast?
The riper the banana, the sweeter the taste in this Banana Bread. You will need to place them in a paper bag, and leave them at room temperature. This process may take up to 24 hours depending on how ripe the banana already is and be sure to check every 2 to 3 hours.
MORE CHOCOLATE RECIPES
- Chocolate Candy Cane Cake
- Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- Dark Chocolate Cookies
Chocolate Mocha Banana Bread
- 3 medium bananas mashed
- ½ C butter melted
- ¾ C light brown sugar packed
- 2 tsp espresso
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ C flour
- ½ C Dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher sat
- 1 C chocolate chips plus ¼ C chocolate chips to sprinkle on top
- ½ C espresso chips
- 1 9 x9 loaf pan
- ½ C chocolate chips
- ¼ C heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray the loaf pan with Pam baking spray
- Using a large bowl, beat together the mashed bananas, butter, brown sugar, and espresso powder until combined
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla until combined
- Using another large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until combined
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until combined
- Fold in the 1 C of chocolate chips and ½ C of espresso chips
- Pour batter into the loaf pan
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the batter
- Bake for 50-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow cooling completely before removing from the pan and place onto a wire rack
- Using a small pot, bring the heavy whipping cream to a simmer
- Pour over the chocolate chips and whisk until smooth
- Scoop the ganache into the piping bag and cut the tip-off
- Drizzle over the loaf and allow it to sit for 10 minutes before serving!
- 1 disposable piping bag