Starbucks Gingerbread Loaf Recipe
The Starbucks Gingerbread Loaf is a once a year treat in their stores. People rave over it. This copycat recipe is every bit as delicious.
Starbucks Gingerbread Loaf
Here’s why I believe carrot cake fans are going to enjoy this loaf.
It has a similarly spiced flavor as does a carrot cake, along with the yummy combination of the cream cheese and sweet pecans.
This recipe features the customary flavors of the season: ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves.
When you pop this loaf in the oven, your entire house will smell like Christmas!
If you’re expecting guests, bake it an hour or so before they arrive and the aroma will make them feel warm and toasty no matter how cold it is outside.
How to make Gingerbread Loaf
Use the Right Pan
If you don’t happen to have a 9 x 5 loaf pan, you can get a disposable, aluminum pan. They are super cheap and you know what else?
You can grab a bunch and make more than one Starbucks Gingerbread Loaf to give them as gifts.
I think they’d be great for co-workers, church friends, and postal carriers. (You’re not supposed to give postal workers money or gift cards.)
If you don’t have the loaf pan and don’t have time to pick up some disposable ones, you can get away with using a different size in a pinch.
Just remember, if the baking pan you use is shallower than the loaf pan, you’ll need to reduce the baking time a bit.
Try knocking off about 10 – 15 minutes or so, but definitely check it frequently to be sure it’s not too hard or too soft.
Starbucks Gingerbread Loaf
- 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter room temperature
- 1 C sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg room temp
- 1 C applesauce
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- chopped pecans
- 1/2 block cream cheese room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 - 2 C powdered sugar
- Loaf Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9x5 loaf pan with nonstick baking/ cooking spray.
- Add the butter and sugar into a mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer cream the butter and sugar together until it is fluffy. Add in the vanilla and egg while the electric mixer is still beating. Slowly blend in the applesauce.
- Add the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. Stir to combine. Add this mixture to the butter, egg, sugar mixture blending until it is mixed.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 55 minutes. (Or until it has risen and a toothpick comes out clean.)
- Set aside the loaf until it slightly cools. Transfer to a cooling rack before frosting.
- Add the cream cheese and the vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- Beat the cream cheese and vanilla together. Add the 1 1/2 cups of the powdered sugar beating until smooth and creamy. (Add a little more sugar if it's not as thick as you like.)
- Spread a thick layer of the frosting over the gingerbread loaf. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.