This is the BEST Carrot Cake Loaf Recipe you will ever make! It’s so moist, soft and full of carrot cake flavor topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting!
Carrot Cake Loaf with Cream Cheese Frosting
The carrot cake loaf is really everything you could ever want – it is moist, tender, perfect blend of spices, and has a wonder soft texture. We love making loaf cakes like our Baileys pound cake, incredibly moist pumpkin bread, cranberry lemon zucchini loaf and lemon ricotta pound cake. Quick bread recipes are easier to frost, slice, eat, and store and freeze well.
So let’s talk about the frosting, cream cheese frosting is my all time favorite frosting, especially when it’s paired with a cake full of delicious spices like ginger and cinnamon. The carrots add extra moisture to this cake – it’s truly the BEST!
Ingredients You Will Need
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make this loaf. You can find my recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their full amounts.
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Vegetable Oil
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Walnuts (optional)
How to make a Carrot Cake Loaf with Cream Cheese Frosting:
To make this carrot cake loaf, simply whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices. Set aside.
In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla and vegetable oil. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined.
Fold in the grated carrots. The batter will be THICK. Spoon the batter into loaf pans and spread out evenly.
Bake for 55 – 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- This carrot cake recipe makes TWO loaves.
- Be sure to shred your own carrots. The store bought pre-shredded carrots are too thick for cake.
- You can add nuts or raisins in the carrot cake batter if you would like. We sprinkle finely ground walnuts on top. I personally like a smooth texture for the actual cake!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Other Carrot Cake Desserts You Will Love
Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
Carrot Cake Loaf with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound whole carrots peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 Tbsp butter softened
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts optional
Carrot Cake Directions
- Grease and flour two 8 inch loaf pans. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a medium bowl, mix white sugar, brown sugar, and eggs. Process until mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Next, add the oil into the sugar/egg mixture until fully combined. Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients. Whisk dry ingredients and wet ingredients together until combined. Mixture will be a bit thick. Fold the shredded carrots into the batter using a wooden spoon.
- Distribute batter evenly in the loaf pans. Bake for about 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with just a few moist crumbs.
Cream Cheese Frosting Directions
- Using hand mixer, beat softened cream cheese and butter on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar gradually until smooth. Mix in vanilla extract until thoroughly combined. Spread onto cooled carrot cake loaves.
- If desired, sprinkle finely chopped walnuts over the top of the frosting and serve.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
6 comments on “Carrot Cake Loaf with Cream Cheese Frosting”
Has anyone tried cutting it in half to make one loaf?
I lived making this my first attempt I shared it with my neighbours during lockdown xx
I love the recipe but I’m wondering if I could add crushed pineapple and would it change the bake time?
Cant wait to try this yummy carrot cake loaf
Looks great, I want to make it!
Sounds Delicious. My Husband likes Carrot Cake but I’m going to try this for Easter. ***
Ps. You are so Lucky to have 3 Sons who enjoy Cooking with You.