You are going to love this Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake. It starts with a Oreo crust, then a creamy no-bake cheesecake loaded with chocolate chip cookie dough!
No-Bake Cookie Dough Cheesecake
Now, let me tell you why you absolutely need to make these. First of all, who doesn’t love cookie dough? It’s the ultimate guilty pleasure that we all secretly indulge in. And when you combine it with the creamy goodness of cheesecake, it’s like fireworks exploding in your mouth! Plus, the best part is that these cheesecakes are no-bake, which means less time in the kitchen and more time for you to enjoy the sweet rewards.
The key to this cookie dough is that there is no egg. Since you are not baking the cheesecake, you want to make sure it is safe to eat. The cheesecake filling will set on its own using these ingredients so each layer is perfect. This No bake cookie dough cheesecake is one of my favorite no bake desserts.
What You’ll Need
- Chocolate Cookie Crust: For the cookie crust of this cookie dough cheesecake, you need Oreo cookies and unsalted butter.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Making edible chocolate chips cookie dough is almost like making traditional cookie dough with light brown sugar, unsalted butter, flour (heat treated – see notes below), whole milk, vanilla extract, kosher salt, and mini chocolate chips .
- For the Cheesecake cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and Cool Whip.
- Whipped Cream: this will be for decorating the top of the cheesecake.
How to Make No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
Make the Crust: Grind the cookies in a food processor until it resembles sand. Add the melted butter and form a soft ball. Press the crust into the bottom of the springform pan. Place in the freeze while you make the rest of the cheesecake.
Make the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough: In a large bowl, beat the sugar and butter together. Add the flour, milk, vanilla and salt together until it forms a soft ball. Fold in the chocolate chips. Keep it in the refrigerator while you make the cheesecake.
Make the Cheesecake: Beat the cream cheese until it is smooth. Add the sugar and vanilla. Beat in the Cool Whip.
Build the Pie: Take the crust and cookie dough from the fridge. Scoop about 10 balls of cookie dough and set them aside in the fridge. Take half of the remaining dough and press into the bottom of the shell. Take the rest of the cookie dough and make balls. Gently fold the cookie dough balls into the cheesecake mixture. Pour the cheesecake mixture into the crust. Drop the remaining cookie dough balls randomly over the batter and press into the batter. Sprinkle chocolate chips around the cheesecake. Place it in the refrigerator overnight.
Make the whipped cream: Make the whipped cream following the recipe. Add it to the piping bag. Pipe dollops around the edge of the pie. Add the remaining cookie dough balls around the cheesecake.
How to Heat Treat Flour
Heat treating your flour is an important step you don’t want to skip.
- Place the flour in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high, stopping at 15-20 second intervals and stirring the flour well for a total of 2 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and let cool.
Tips, Tricks, and Variations
Certainly! Here are some tips, tricks, and variations to enhance your Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake (No-Bake) experience:
Cookie Dough Variations: Experiment with different flavors of cookie dough. Try using peanut butter cookie dough, oatmeal cookie dough, or even snickerdoodle cookie dough for a unique twist.
Chocolate Toppings: Elevate your cheesecake by drizzling it with melted chocolate, sprinkling chocolate shavings, or chocolate ganache . It’s a chocolate lover’s dream!
Decorative Garnishes: Get creative with the presentation by adding whipped cream dollops, fresh berries, or cookie crumbles as garnishes. It adds a touch of elegance and enhances the visual appeal.
Mini Cheesecakes: Instead of making one large cheesecake, try making individual mini cheesecakes in cupcake liners or mini tart pans. They are perfect for portion control and make for an impressive dessert spread.
Freezing Option: If you prefer a frozen treat, pop your cheesecake in the freezer for a few hours until it firms up. Enjoy it as a refreshing and indulgent ice cream-like dessert.
Experiment with Mix-ins: Go beyond chocolate chips and add in other mix-ins like chopped nuts, toffee bits, or even crushed cookies for added texture and flavor.
Serving Suggestions: Serve your cheesecake slices with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a drizzle of caramel sauce, or a dollop of whipped cream for an extra decadent experience.
Remember, baking is an adventure, so don’t be afraid to get creative and tailor the recipe to your taste preferences. Have fun experimenting and enjoy every delicious bite!
More Cheesecake Recipes
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake (No-Bake)
Chocolate Cookie Crust
- 2 packages Oreos 60 cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Line a 9-in springform pan with baking spray and.
- Using a food processor, grind up the Oreo cookies until they are a sand like texture Blend in the melted butter until a soft ball forms.
- Press the crust evenly on the bottom of the springform pan and about ¾ way up the sides Place into the freezer while you make the cookie dough and cheesecake batter.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Using a large bowl, beat together the sugar and softened butter until combined and smooth
- Beat in the flour, milk, vanilla, and salt until a soft dough forms. If the dough is dry and crumble, beat in another tablespoon of milk.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
- Place the cookie dough into the fridge while you make the cheesecake.
- Using a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually beat in the sugar and vanilla until combined and smooth.
- Beat in 6 oz of Cool Whip into the cheesecake mixture until combined and smooth Beat in the remaining cool whip until smooth.
Building the pie
- Remove your crust and your cookie dough from the fridge.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out about 8 – 10 balls of cookie dough.
- Roll each scoop into a ball and set aside in the fridge.
- Take half of the remaining dough and press it into the bottom of the shell Make sure to smooth the dough evenly.
- With the remaining dough, roll into ½ tablespoon size balls, set aside while you roll the rest of the dough.
- Once all the remaining dough has been rolled into little balls, gently mix the cookie dough balls into the cheesecake mixture, make sure to set aside a few to place randomly on top of the cheesecake batter.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the crust and smooth evenly.
- Drop a the remaining cookie dough balls randomly on the batter and gently push the balls into the batter.
- Sprinkle some mini chocolate chips around.
- Place into the fridge overnight.
Whipped Cream Directions
- Using a large bowl, place the bowl into the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the bowl after 30 minutes and add in the 1 ½ C heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the ingredients together until stiff peaks form. About 10 minutes Scoop the whipped cream into the piping bag.
- Pipe dollops of whipped cream all around the edge of the pie.
- Take the cookie dough balls you set aside for garnish and place them onto the whipped cream dollops.