This Twix Cheesecake is a great crowd-pleaser! It has a crunchy shortbread crust with a smooth and creamy cheesecake filling topped with caramel, Twix, and chocolate.
Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake
This delicious dessert is so simple to make and tastes incredible. It has a great blend of textures from crunchy to smooth with a sweet and salty flavor. I love serving this recipe at parties, picnics, and more. It is a great eye-catching dessert that will have everyone hooked.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
- Cookies: You will need shortbread cookies. You can get store bought or make our homemade shortbread cookies and crush them.
- Cream Cheese: the most important ingredient in this recipe, is the cream cheese. Make sure that you are using full-fat cream cheese and room temperature. This will avoid any cracks in the baked cheesecake.
- Other Filling Ingredients: You will need to combine sugar, vanilla, and eggs to make the smooth and creamy filling.
- Toppings: You will need caramel sauce, Twix candy bars, and chocolate syrup.
How To Make Twix Cheesecake
- Prepare the crust. Set the oven to 325 degrees. In a food processor, add the shortbread cookies and pulse into crumbs until you get 2 cups. In a large bowl, combine the crumbs and the melted butter. Use cooking spray to grease a 9-inch spring-form pan. Add the crumb mixture to the bottom and spread evenly.
- Prepare the cheesecake. Add the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla into a large bowl and combine using a hand mixer. Put in the eggs and combine them again. Add the mixture to the pan. Place in the oven to bake for 55 minutes or until the center is slightly jiggly. Place in the fridge to chill for 4 hours.
- Add the toppings. Use a spoon to pour the caramel on top of the cheesecake layer. Cut up some Twix bars and sprinkle them on top. Drizzle the top with some chocolate before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
The Best Toppings?
I love topping this recipe with all sorts of ingredients. I personally love using my homemade whipped cream, hot fudge, or caramel sauce. And of course, you can use Twix candies, sprinkles, chocolate shavings, etc.
Tips for the Best Twix Cheesecake
- Room-temperature cream cheese is best for this recipe, this step makes it easier to mix the cream cheese without any lumps.
- Make sure to let your cheesecake cool in the fridge for at least 4 hours. We like to let the cheesecake sit in the fridge overnight.
- You can use normal-sized Twix if you want.
- Don’t over mix the filling. Just enough to incorporate.
- Use parchment paper to line the baking pan to catch any butter that may leak out.
- Overbaking is a common mistake when making cheesecake. Your cheesecake is done baking when you see that the edges of the cheesecake are set, but the middle is still a bit jiggly. Don’t worry, the filling will set in the cooling process.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container for the best storage method.
- Freezing: When the cake is completely cooled, cover in a few layers of plastic wrap and freeze. This cheesecake will freeze for up to 3 months. To thaw, place the cheesecake in the fridge overnight.
More Twix Recipes:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Crush the shortbread in a food processor until you get 2 cups. Put the crumbs in a large bowl and add the melted butter and stir until everything is combined. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Press the shortbread crumb mixture onto the bottom of the pan evenly.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with a hand mixer. Add eggs and mix again until combined. Pour the cream cheese mixture onto the crust in the pan. Bake for 55 minutes or until the middle is slightly jiggling. Let cool and then set in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Pour the caramel all over the top of the cake using a spoon to spread it out. Dice the Twix bars up to your liking. Sprinkle the Twix all over the top and then drizzle the chocolate. Run a knife around the edge of the cake before opening the pan. Cut and enjoy!