Whether you want a refreshing treat for your next adult pool party or a fun spine-chilling shot to serve during shark week parties, these Shark Jello Shots are absolutely perfect.
Ocean Water Shots
Let me tell you, these shark Jello Shots are so fun and delicious! It’s like a mini edible ocean adventure in a shot glass!
These blue jello shots are an absolute must-have this summer. They add a playful twist to any gathering and instantly become the talk of the town. So grab your Jello, mix up some tasty concoctions, and get ready to dive into a sea of deliciousness. Trust me, once you make these shark attack Jello Shots, you’ll be hooked!
What You’ll Need
- Berry Blue Jello – Any type of blue Jello will work. Sonic Ocean Water Jello will also work.
- Malibu Rum– Coconut screams tropical beach which is why I love coconut rum. You can use any type of rum, tequila or vodka. Blue Raspberry vodka is a good choice.
- Shark Gummies – I get shark gummies on Amazon but you can use whichever ones you can find.
- Whipped Cream – you can use store-bought or homemade whipped cream.
- Cups – we like to use plastic condiment cups.
How to Make Shark Jello Shot Cups
- Mix 2 cups of boiling water with the Jello and whisk to dissolve. Add the remaining cold water and rum and stir well.
- Pour into the plastic shot glasses and place on a cookie sheet. Store in the fridge overnight until firm.
- Before serving, decorate the ocean shots and serve.
How to Decorate Shark Jello Cups
Oceanic Blue: Give your shark Jello Shots a vibrant ocean look by adding a touch of blue food coloring to the gelatin mixture before pouring it into the molds. This simple step will instantly transport your guests to the depths of the sea.
Edible Sea Foam: Create a foamy effect by topping your Jello Shots with a dollop of whipped cream. This fluffy white foam mimics ocean waves and adds a delightful texture to each bite. You can even sprinkle a bit of blue sugar or edible glitter on top for that extra shimmer.
Shark Gummies: Enhance the shark theme by placing a gummy shark on top of each Jello Shot. It’s like having a little shark swimming in your tasty creation! Make sure to position the gummy shark so it appears to be emerging from the Jello, creating a playful and eye-catching display.
Sand and Seashells: For an adorable beach-inspired touch, place your shark Jello Shots on a bed of crushed graham crackers or cookie crumbs to resemble sand. You can also add tiny seashell-shaped candies or sprinkles for an extra coastal vibe.
Ocean Garnishes: Get creative with edible decorations that resemble elements of the ocean. Consider using blue rock candy sticks as “coral reefs” or candy fish to add a splash of color and movement. You can also incorporate edible pearls, sea turtle gummies, or edible sea creatures for a whimsical touch.
Shark Fin Accents: Create shark fins to embellish your Jello Shots by cutting triangular shapes from fruit leather or using pre-made shark fin-shaped candies. Gently insert them into the Jello Shots, positioning them to appear as if a shark is swimming just below the surface.
How to Make Shark Jello Shots Kid Friendly
Making Jello shots, any type, non alcoholic is easy. Just remove the alcohol in the recipe and replace it with water.
More Pool Side Fun Jello Shot Recipes
Shark Jello Shots
- In a saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to boil, and turn off the heat.
- Add the Berry Blue Jello, and stir until completely dissolved.
- Add 1 cup of cold Water, and 1 cup of Malibu Rum, and stir well.
- Place the shot cups on a cookie sheet, and fill the cups with the Berry Blue mixture.
- Place the Cookie Sheet in the refrigerator until the Jello mixture is completely set/firm, about 6 hours, or overnight for best results.
- Before serving, add a generous amount of Reddi-whip Whipped Cream to the top of the Shot cup, and place a Shark Gummy on the Whipped Cream.
- Serve, and enjoy!