Crescent Roll Cheesecake
Cheesecake is a soft, creamy, and delicious dessert. From the start of making it to the end, where you’re taking the last bite. This Crescent Roll Cheesecake is amazing and will just melt in your mouth.
Crescent Roll Cheesecake
This Cheesecake recipe is so good! This recipe is so simple to make and only requires a small set of ingredients to make a wonderful cheesecake in no time. The overall dough of this recipe is super easy to handle and work with, so when you’re finished, it will create a crunchy bottom to the recipe. The filling and topping will leave you wanting more and more until it’s all gone. Crescent rolls are an ingredient that has many uses, so if you find yourself wanting more recipes to make, this Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Crescent Ring or Raspberry Cream Cheese Crescent Ring are two other great recipes to try out!
- Crescent Roll Dough- This will be used as the base of your recipe and the top.
- Cream Cheese- Use softened or room-temperature cream cheese.
- Eggs- Use these at room temperature.
- Sugar- Every dessert recipe uses sugar as an ingredient.
- Vanilla- Use pure extract for the best flavoring.
- Heavy Cream- This will help with the consistency.
- Powdered Sugar- This sugar is the best for homemade icing.
- Butter- Use unsalted to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
How to Make a Crescent Roll Cheesecake
Start off the recipe by setting your oven to 375 degrees.
Next, use butter to grease an 8×12-inch dish, then set it aside.
Pop open the crescent dough and roll it out onto the bottom of the prepared pan. You will want to pinch any gaps that separate the dough and smooth it out as much as you can.
After you have prepped the baking dish. put the cream cheese and heavy cream into the bowl of a standing mixer and beat on low until smooth.
Next, pour in the vanilla, sugar, egg, and powdered sugar and combine at medium speed until smooth and creamy. Make sure to use a spatula to scrape the side of the mixing bowl.
Now, add the batter into the prepared pan on top of the dough placed in the bottom.
Pop open the second crescent dough and roll out the dough on top of the batter.
Place butter into a heat-safe dish to melt, then slowly pour over the top dough using a pastry brush to smooth the butter across the dough.
As evenly as you can, add some sugar on top of the melted butter.
Place the baking dish into the oven to bake for 30 minutes or until the cheesecake is done and light brown. You can use a toothpick to press into the middle of the recipe and if it comes out clean and not runny, it is ready. If the batter is still runny, continue to bake the cheesecake until it’s not runny anymore. If you notice that the top of the recipe is becoming too browned, then make a foil tent to loosely place on top.
Finally, take the pan out of the oven and let the recipe cool in the dish for 2 hours before placing it into the fridge to chill thoroughly and it’s completely set and firm. Leaving the recipe overnight will give you the best results, or at least let it chill for about 4 hours.
Cut into 3-inch squares, serve, and enjoy!
Is puff pastry the same as crescent rolls?
Both the puff pastry and crescent rolls are very similar. However, they are not the same. Unlike crescent rolls, puff pastry uses chilled rather than soft butter to make it. This allows the puff pastries to handle better.
How Long Does crescent roll cheesecake last?
Like most recipes, this cheesecake will only last for a few days. If stored correctly and placed in an airtight container, it can be placed in the fridge. This will allow the recipe to last much longer.
More Crescent Roll Recipes:
- Chicken And Broccoli Crescent Roll Ring
- Pepperoni Pizza Stuffed Crescent Rolls
- Easy Taco Ring with Crescent Rolls
- Cherry Cream Cheese Crescent Ring
CRESCENT ROLL CHEESECAKE
- 2 packages of Crescent Roll Dough - 8 ounces each
- 4 packages of Cream Cheese - 8 ounces each - softened
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla
- 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons of Powdered Sugar
FOR THE TOPPING
- 6 Tablespoons of butter - melted
- 1/2 cup of Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Butter the bottom of an 8 X 12-inch dish, and set it aside. Open one package of the Crescent rolls, and unroll the dough, and place it in the bottom of the dish. Pinch together the perforations, and smooth the dough out as evenly as possible in the bottom of the dish.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the softened cream cheese, and the Heavy Cream, and mix on low until the mixture is smooth. Add the sugar, Vanilla, Egg, and Powdered Sugar, and mix again on medium, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl, and blending until the cheesecake batter is smooth and creamy. Pour the cheesecake batter into the dish, on top of the crescent roll dough. Open and unroll the second package of Crescent rolls, and place the dough on top of the cheesecake batter, carefully placing it from one end of the dish to the other, forming the top crust. Melt the butter in the microwave, and gently pour the butter on the Crescent roll dough, and smooth out with a pastry brush. Sprinkle the sugar on top of the butter, as evenly as possible.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown, and the cheesecake is done. Test with a toothpick, to make sure the cheesecake is baked in the center, and not runny. (You may get some soft cheesecake on the toothpick, but it will be soft, and baked, not runny. If it's runny, then continue to bake until there's no runny batter). If the top crust is getting too brown, place a piece of foil, loosely over the dish, to finish baking the batter, and prevent the top from becoming too brown.
- Remove from the oven, and allow to cool in the dish for about 2 hours, then place in the refrigerator to completely chill, and the cheesecake to set up, and become firm. Overnight is best, or at least 4 hours in the refrigerator before serving. Cut in 3-inch squares, serve, and Enjoy!