This Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza features a flaky buttery crust, creamy sour cream and ranch spread, and loads of fresh vegetables. This cold pizza appetizer is perfect for baby showers, picnics, or any type of party!
Want to make a traditional pizza? My homemade pizza dough recipe is a great start!
Easy Cold Veggie Pizza Recipe
This Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza is one of my go-to’s in the summer months, whether it’s for lunch, an appetizer for friends, or a dish to share at a party. Though the crescent roll dough does need to be baked, the pizza itself is enjoyed at room temperature or chilled, and it has such a light texture that makes it perfect for hot days.
One of my favorite things about this cold veggie pizza is that it’s an easy way to use up veggies in the fridge. A little bit of this and a little bit of that leftover? Chop it up and add it to the pizza! While I’ve included my go-to veggies in the recipe, you can easily customize it to whatever you have on hand.
Watch The Recipe Video!
What You’ll Need
This crescent roll pizza is loaded up with veggies and cheese.
- Crescent rolls – You’ll need two cans for this recipe. Do not pull them apart! You can also make the dough from our homemade crescents recipe.
- Cream cheese – Softened so it’s easier to spread.
- Sour cream – Adds a tang to the filling.
- Ranch seasoning – A packet of Hidden Valley or another brand of ranch seasoning adds flavor to the cream cheese mixture.
- Cheddar cheese – A generous layer of cheddar cheese finishes off this appetizer pizza.
- Veggies – I loaded this pizza with carrots, broccoli, green and red peppers, black olives, and green onions for a colorful dish that’s full of different flavors and textures.
There are many ways to customize this cream cheese veggie pizza, all based on your favorite veggies and flavors. Here are a few ideas.
- Switch up the veggies. The great thing about this pizza is that you can add pretty much any veggie you want. In addition to the ones listed above, tomatoes, cucumber, cauliflower, and spinach are all fantastic on this pizza. If you’re adding tomatoes and cucumber, it’s best to do so right before serving as they can be pretty watery.
- Use mayonnaise instead of sour cream. For a richer flavor, the sour cream can be replaced with mayo (or use half and half).
- Switch up the seasonings. Instead of Ranch powder, you can add your own mix of seasonings – or add more in addition to the ranch. Fresh dill is a great way to finish off the pizza!
- Skip the cheese. Not a huge cheese person? Omit the shredded cheddar. The pizza will still be delicious!
How to Make Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza
This appetizer pizza is super easy to make and requires just 10 minutes or so of hands-on time.
- Bake the crust. Press the crescent roll dough onto a cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Seal the perforations with your fingers. Bake according to package instructions. Cool.
- Make the sauce. As the crescent roll cools, make the pizza “sauce” by mixing together the cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, and ranch seasoning until smooth.
- Assemble. Spread the mixture on the cooled crescent roll dough. Top with the veggies, pressing down lightly, and top with cheddar cheese. Enjoy.
Cold veggie pizza makes a great appetizer and since each one makes 12 to 16 slices, it’s perfect for baby showers, BBQs, and any other gatherings with groups of people.
It also makes a light meal, perfect for lunch with a side of fresh fruit or a bowl of soup. (We love broccoli and cheese soup!)
To cut down on some of the prep, you can make the crescent roll crust in advance. Bake as directed then wrap in plastic and keep on the counter overnight. You can also whip up the cream cheese mixture and kept that in the fridge overnight and chop the veggies in advance too.
How to Store
Once fully assembled, the cold veggie pizza can be kept in the fridge for up to 4 days. Keep it covered with plastic wrap.
Note that the longer it sits, the softer the crust may get – especially if you add veggies like tomato or cucumber.
More Easy Appetizer Recipes:
Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 package Ranch dressing powdered dressing
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 3/4 cup carrots shredded
- 3/4 cup broccoli florets chopped
- 3/4 cup green and red peppers finely diced
- 3/4 cup black olives sliced
- 3/4 cup green onions sliced
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a cookie sheet (jelly roll pan) with non stick cooking spray.
- Remove crescent roll dough and press onto prepared cookie sheet. Seal the perforations with your fingers. Place in oven and bake according to the package instructions. Remove from oven and let cool.
- While it’s cooling, mix together cream cheese, sour cream and Ranch dressing packet and stir until smooth.
- Using a knife, spread cheese mixture on cooled crescent dough. Top with the chopped vegetables, and lightly press them into the cream cheese layer ending with the cheddar cheese.
- Serve and enjoy.