Crockpot Bacon Wrapped Smokies are the appetizer you have been searching for! This crispy, smokey, and delicious recipe is perfect for any party and it just uses 4 ingredients.
Slow Cooker Bacon Wrapped Smokies
Bacon wrapped smokies are so good and one of the easiest recipe you can make at home. All you need is a handful of ingredients and a slow cooker. You can have this recipe ready in minutes! You will want to devour an entire plate by yourself! Don’t have a crock pot? We also have a baked bacon wrapped smokies recipe.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
“Lil” Smokies: Use smokies or cocktail Sausages for this recipe. Smokies are so juicy and give that strong smokey flavor.
Bacon: This will be used to wrap around the smokies and cooked to give you a crispy and crunchy outer layer. I like to cook the smokies a bit longer for a more crunchy recipe.
Brown Sugar: Brown sugar does a really good job of adding moisture to the recipe and giving it a rich flavor.
Paprika: Use paprika on top to add more flavor to the recipe. It is such a small touch to the smokies, but it tastes so good!
Supplies You’ll Need
Toothpicks: Use toothpicks to hold the recipe together. Poke the toothpicks into the smokies to keep the bacon from unwrapping during the cooking process.
How To Make Crockpot Bacon Wrapped Smokies
Step 1. Using a knife, cut the bacon into 3 pieces and wrap each sausage. Use the toothpick to keep the bacon in place.
Step 2. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and paprika and add 1 cup to the bottom of the slow cooker. Place the prepared smokies on top and sprinkle with the rest of the brown sugar mixture.
Step 3. Seal the lid to the slow cooker and cook for 3 hours on high. To help evenly cook the smokies, move them around every so often.
Take out of the slow cooker, plate, and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks For Making Bacon Wrapped Smokies:
Here is some great tips and tricks for making bacon wrapped smokies:
- To keep the smokies from browning too fast, you can move them around a bit in the slow cooker. Move some to the center and some to the side and switch the positions. The sides of the slow cooker tend to cook a bit faster.
- You will want the smokies to get sticky as they cool.
- To add a kick of spice to the recipe, you can add a sprinkle of cajun seasoning.
- Use any type of smokies you want for this recipe. You can use your choice of pork, beek, or turkey
Can I Use Turkey Bacon For Bacon Wrapped Smokies?
Yes! Turkey bacon does cook differently from regular bacon. So, you may need to watch it carefully to make sure it doesn’t burn. But, turkey or regular bacon tastes great with this recipe.
More Bacon Recipes:
- Bacon Wrapped Avocado Burger Bombs
- Bacon Cheddar Smashed Potatoes
- Cheesy Bacon Bombs
- Cheesy Smothered Chicken with Bacon
Crockpot Bacon Wrapped Smokies
- Cut each slice of bacon into 3 pieces.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each sausage.
- Secure the bacon into the sausage with a toothpick.
- Combine the brown sugar and paprika.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the brown sugar mixture into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add your sausages to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the remaining brown sugar over the top of the sausages.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
- You may move the sausages around to help them brown evenly.
- Remove from slow cooker and serve!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.