Easy Cinnamon Bread Recipe with Icing- pending
Cinnamon is a spice that is overused yet undervalued. This spice can complement so many recipes and can combine with many other flavors to make a wonderfully scented, and delicious tasting quick bread. This Easy Cinnamon Bread is just another recipe that will have your loved ones entranced and falling in love.
Cinnamon Bread Recipe
This Cinnamon Bread Recipe will become a great addition to your morning breakfast served with a hot cup of coffee or as a snack throughout the day or even dessert after dinner. This recipe is so good and simple to make with a melt in your mouth texture and flavor. You will want to share this with friends and family, so be sure to keep this handy!
The great thing about quick bread recipes is that there is a recipe out there for all different flavor combinations! One of my family’s favorite bread recipes is my Cranberry Orange Bread. Another favorite is my Apple Crumb Bread. If you love a no-yeast bread that is full of apples, then my Apple Fritter Bread is an absolute must-make.
Ingredients You Will Need:
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Flour- You can use all-purpose for the best results.
- Sugar- Every great dessert uses sugar in the recipe.
- Baking soda- This will allow your recipe to rise in the oven.
- Baking powder- This will help with the doubling of your ingredients.
- Salt- The salt will bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Buttermilk– You can use milk with a bit of vinegar as a substitute.
- Canola oil- You can use vegetable oil as a substitute.
- Vanilla extract- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Eggs- Use eggs that are at room temperature.
- Brown sugar- This will add richness and moisture to the cheesecake.
- Butter- Be sure to use unsalted to control the salt in the recipe.
- Powdered sugar- This sugar is great for homemade frosting.
- Ground cinnamon- Grounding your own ingredients will have the best taste.
- Milk- You can use whole or 2% milk for this recipe.
How to Make Cinnamon Bread with Icing
Set the oven to 350 degrees and use Pam to spray a 9×5 loaf pan.
Add flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon into a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
Add the buttermilk, oil, vanilla, and eggs into a separate bowl and whisk to combine.
Slowly add the two mixtures together.
Add melted butter and 2 tbsp of cinnamon into a small bowl and whisk to combine.
Add half into the prepared pan.
And, pour half into the batter.
Swirl the cinnamon butter mixture into the batter using a knife.
Pour the rest of the batter over top, then add the rest of the cinnamon mixture in and swirl again.
Put the pan on a cookie sheet and put into the oven for 50-60 minutes or until a tester placed in the center comes out clean.
Let the bread cool for 10 minutes before taking it out of the pan and transferring it to a wire rack.
Add the powdered sugar, cinnamon, and milk into a medium bowl and combine.
Pour the glaze on top of the bread evenly.
Serve and enjoy!
Does This Bread Need to Be Refrigerated?
This Cinnamon bread recipe doesn’t need to be placed in the fridge. There isn’t anything in the recipe that will cause it to go bad fast. However, storing your recipe in the fridge will help with a long-lasting shelf life.
What Icing Goes with Cinnamon Bread?
This cinnamon bread recipe has a glaze that goes on top. The glaze is very simple to make and only needs 3 ingredients. You need powdered sugar, cinnamon, and milk and this glaze is the best option to use.
MORE BREAD RECIPES
- Coffee Cake Banana Bread
- Applesauce Bread
- Triple Chocolate Banana Bread
- Double Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
Cinnamon Bread with Icing
- 2 C flour
- 1 C sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 C buttermilk
- ⅓ C canola oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ C brown sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- Cinnamon Glaze
- 1 ½ C powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ C milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x5 loaf pan with pam baking spray
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, kosher salt, and the cinnamon
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, canola oil, vanilla and eggs until combined
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until combined
- Using a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter and 2 tbsp ground cinnamon until combined
- Pour half of the bread batter into the loaf pan
- Pour half of the cinnamon butter mixture onto the batter
- Using a knife, swirl the cinnamon butter mixture into the batter
- Top with the remaining batter
- Swirl the rest of the cinnamon butter mixture into the batter
- Place the bread pan onto a cookie sheet and place into the preheated oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a knife comes out clean
- Allow cooling for 10 minutes before removing and placing onto a wire rack
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, cinnamon, and milk until combined
- Pour over the bread and allow the glaze to set before enjoying!