Cinnamon spice is a staple for Fall baking and this quick bread is a cinnamon lovers dream! This Easy Cinnamon Bread is so moist and delicious and topped with cinnamon glaze.
Cinnamon Bread Recipe
This Cinnamon Bread Recipe will become a great addition to your morning breakfast served with a hot cup of coffee or as a snack throughout the day or even dessert after dinner. This recipe is so good and simple to make with a melt in your mouth texture and flavor. You will want to share this with friends and family, so be sure to keep this handy!
The great thing about quick bread recipes is that there is a recipe out there for all different flavor combinations! One of my family’s favorite bread recipes is my Cranberry Orange Bread. Another favorite is my Apple Crumb Bread. If you love a no-yeast bread that is full of apples, then my Apple Fritter Bread is an absolute must-make.
Ingredients You Will Need:
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Flour- You can use all-purpose for the best results.
- Sugar- Every great dessert uses sugar in the recipe.
- Baking soda- This will allow your recipe to rise in the oven.
- Baking powder- This will help with the doubling of your ingredients.
- Salt- The salt will bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Buttermilk– You can use milk with a bit of vinegar as a substitute.
- Canola oil- You can use vegetable oil as a substitute.
- Vanilla extract- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Eggs- Use eggs that are at room temperature.
- Brown sugar- This will add richness and moisture to the cheesecake.
- Butter- Be sure to use unsalted to control the salt in the recipe.
- Powdered sugar- This sugar is great for homemade frosting.
- Ground cinnamon- Grounding your own ingredients will have the best taste.
- Milk- You can use whole or 2% milk for this recipe.
How to Make Cinnamon Bread with Icing
- Set the oven to 350 degrees and use Pam to spray a 9×5 loaf pan.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add in buttermilk, oil, vanilla, and eggs into a separate bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk the melted butter and 2 tbsp of cinnamon to combine.
- Add half of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Swirl the cinnamon butter mixture into the batter using a knife.
- Pour the rest of the batter over top, then add the rest of the cinnamon mixture in and swirl again.
- Put the pan on a cookie sheet and put into the oven for 50-60 minutes or until a tester placed in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- Mix the glaze ingredients.
- Pour the glaze on top of the bread evenly.
Does This Bread Need to Be Refrigerated?
This Cinnamon bread recipe doesn’t need to be placed in the fridge. There isn’t anything in the recipe that will cause it to go bad fast. However, storing your recipe in the fridge will help with a long-lasting shelf life.
What Icing Goes with Cinnamon Bread?
This cinnamon bread recipe has a glaze that goes on top. The glaze is very simple to make and only needs 3 ingredients. You need powdered sugar, cinnamon, and milk and this glaze is the best option to use.
More Quick Bread Recipes
Cinnamon Bread with Icing
- 2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×5 loaf pan with pam baking spray
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, kosher salt, and the cinnamon.
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, canola oil, vanilla and eggs until combined.
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until combined.
- Using a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter and 1 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon until combined.
- Pour half of the bread batter into the loaf pan.
- Pour half of the cinnamon butter mixture onto the batter.
- Using a knife, swirl the cinnamon butter mixture into the batter.
- Top with the remaining batter.
- Swirl the rest of the cinnamon butter mixture into the batter.
- Place the bread pan onto a cookie sheet and place into the preheated oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Allow cooling for 10 minutes before removing and placing onto a wire rack.
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, cinnamon, and milk until combined.
- Pour over the bread and allow the glaze to set before enjoying!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.