Prepared with fresh cucumbers topped with a zesty cream cheese mixture and cherry tomatoes, these Cucumber Bites are light, tasty, and perfect for serving as an appetizer. Make them in minutes, and get ready to serve!
Easy Cumber Cream Cheese Bites
In this household, we love appetizers and look forward to serving them before a meal or alongside some of our favorite dishes. So, it should come as no surprise that this Cucumber Bites recipe is one of our favorites. It’s light, refreshing, and full of flavor, plus it contains ingredients that are actually good for you, making this dish a win!
Getting the kiddos to eat veggies isn’t always the easiest of tasks. However, when prepared this way, they devour the cucumbers and tomatoes because they taste that good. But they’re not the only ones who love these tasty appetizers. My friends and family love this snack so much that they’re always requesting it whenever we’re having barbecues or other family gatherings.
Although this is a light summer-style appetizer, you can make these Cucumber Bites any time of the year, which is another thing I love about this recipe. It’s super simple and will leave you with something so tasty to enjoy immediately!
What You’ll Need for These Cucumber Appetizers
You’ll only need a few ingredients to prepare these delicious Cucumber Bites.
- Cherry Tomatoes – Use around 14 cherry tomatoes for this dish. They pair perfectly with the cucumbers.
- Cucumbers – Slice your two cucumbers (regular field or English cucumbers) into half-inch slices!
- Cream Cheese – Soften four ounces of cream cheese before using it in this recipe.
- Mayo – You will need about two tablespoons of mayo; any brand will do.
- Ranch Dressing – The ranch dressing adds a zestier taste to these Cucumber Bites.
You’ll also need Italian seasoning, garlic salt, and fresh ground pepper to give these Cucumber Bites that finishing touch.
Which Ranch Is Best to Use for These Cucumber Appetizer Bites?
Although you can use any brand of ranch dressing that you personally prefer, Hidden Valley Ranch is my favorite. I think it has the best flavor, but this is simply a matter of preference, so feel free to use what you like.
How to Make Cucumber Bites
Ready to prepare the simplest appetizer you’ve ever made? Follow these quick and easy instructions to get started!
- Prepare your veggies. Wash your cucumbers, peeling and slicing them while disposing of the ends. Next, use a small measuring spoon to take out the center of every cucumber slice.
- Combine your ingredients. Grab a mixing bowl and use it to combine the cream cheese, mayo, ranch, Italian seasoning, and garlic salt. Next, add your fresh dill to the mixture for extra flavor.
- Prepare your filling. Pour the filling you’ve created into a piping bag with a star tip. Pipe a tablespoon of filling into each cucumber center.
- Slice and add your tomatoes. Slice your tomatoes in half, placing one half on top of the filling with the cucumber. Top with black pepper!
What To Serve With Cucumber Bites:
You can eat these Cucumber Bites on their own, but we like to serve these with burgers, hot dogs, and macaroni salad on a hot day. The Cucumber Bites are so cool and refreshing that they really tie everything else together. Of course, you can serve them as a side with anything you’d like.
- The Cucumber Bites taste best when served immediately, which is one of the best things about this recipe! You can serve the appetizer right after you’ve made it.
- Don’t have a piping bag? It’s not a problem. When I’m in a pinch and don’t have one, I use a Ziploc bag, which does the trick.
- I would recommend buying field cucumbers for this recipe. They’re large, easy to work with, and have an excellent flavor, which makes them perfect for this recipe.
- Variations: Feel free to add a slice of smoked salmon on top or sprinkle on sesame seeds, herbs, red pepper flakes or bagel seasoning – whatever you prefer!
How to Store Leftovers
If you have any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container and put them in the fridge for one day. I’d recommend finishing these instead of storing them because they taste best fresh. Don’t freeze your Cucumber Bites. If you freeze them, the consistency of the ingredients will change, and this appetizer will no longer taste good! This is the kind of appetizer you make on the spot instead of making in advance.
More Appetizer Recipes
- Shrimp Ceviche Recipe
- Candied Jalapenos
- Buffalo Chicken Wontons
- Veggie Pinwheels
- Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza
- Wash, peel and slice the cucumbers into ½ inch slices discarding the ends.
- With a small measuring spoon, remove a little of the center of each cucumber slice.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the softened cream, mayo, ranch dressing, italian seasoning and garlic salt. Mix well until smooth.
- Add in the fresh dill and mix until combined.
- Add filling into a piping bag with a star tip. Pipe about 1 tablespoon of filling onto each cucumber piece.
- Slice each cherry tomato into half.
- Place 1 half on top of the filling of each piece of cucumber.
- Sprinkle fresh ground pepper on top and serve.