We made these Green Eggs and Ham Cookies today to celebrate the birthday of Dr. Seuss! We wanted to come up with something very easy to make for class parties or just a quick Dr. Seuss snack to make the kids for a fun after school treat!
Green Eggs and Ham Cookies Ingredients
- Any cookie recipe or pre-made cookie mix
- White Cookie Frosting
- Green & Vanilla Tootsie Rolls
- Black Edible Marker
How To Make Green Eggs and Ham Cookies
- Frost the cookies with the white frosting.
- Place a vanilla Tootsie Roll in the microwave for 7 seconds. Cut it in half using kitchen scissors. Then cut off 2 very small pieces for the end of the ham and set aside.
- Flatten out the 2 vanilla Tootsie Rolls into a egg shape.
- Microwave the green Tootsie Roll for 7 seconds and cut off the end. Shape the cut off end piece and shape it into a small circle. Place in the middle of the Tootsie egg.
- Shape the rest of the green Tootsie Roll into a ham.
- Press the small vanilla pieces that you reserved in the middle on the end to look like bone.
- Use black edible marker on the outside for the details.
Super easy right?!! My boys loved these and I am sure your kids will too!!
“I do not like green eggs and ham I do not like them Sam-I-Am.”
My 6 year old says…
“Try them, try them, and you may! Try them and you may, I say.”
Other Fun Dr. Seuss Creations
- The Lorax Fruit Snack
- Cat in the Hat Breakfast
- The Sneetches Pear Fruit Snack
- Cat in the Hat Marshmallow Pops