This Easy to make Dunkaroo Dip is the perfect dip for after a meal and super quick and simple to throw together. With only 4-ingredients and just a few minutes, this cake batter dip recipe will be ready in no time. This is the perfect party dip.
This Dunkaroo dip is a lovely dish to remember the Dunkaroos that we all know and enjoyed. This is a fast-copy cat version of your favorite treat made with cake mix, cool whip, and vanilla pudding. You can top with your favorite sprinkles! This recipe is similar to the many other incredible recipes like this delicious Apple Pie Dip with Cinnamon Sugar Chips or this Easy Cannoli Dip Recipe.
- Cake Mix- You will need a Funfetti mix for this recipe.
- Cool Whip- This will be in the freezer section of your store and will need to be thawed to prepare.
- Pudding- You will need vanilla flavored pudding for this recipe.
- Sprinkles- You will need multi-colored or rainbow sprinkles for this recipe.
How to Make Dunkaroo Dip
Place the cake mix into a heat-safe bowl and heat up in the microwave for 30-second increments, stirring between each interval. You will do this until the temperature of the cake mix reaches 165 degrees. Set the cake mix aside and allow it to cool for a couple of minutes, mixing every few to release steam.
Place the cooled cake mix, cool whip, vanilla pudding, and sprinkles into a large bowl and use a hand mixer to beat until combined.
Add to a serving bowl and serve with cookies, pretzels, and other dippers.
Cake Batter Dip Variations
You can definitely use other flavors for this Dunkaroo Dip. You can create a chocolate flavor or peanut butter flavor. All you will need is the flavor you want as the cake mix and pudding. You can make a lot of different flavors and all will turn out great.
- Mix-in options: Try mixing in some additional ingredients like crushed oreos (or any cookies), pretzels, graham crackers, or mini chocolate chips, just to name a few.
- Gluten Free: It’s very easy to make gluten free cake batter dip. Substitute the Funfetti Cake Mix for a mix that specifically says that it’s gluten free.
- Different Flavors: Try giving your Funfetti Dip a twist with cake mix flavors like lemon, strawberry, chocolate or peanut butter. You can add dried fruit or other chocolate candy.
Is it safe to eat raw cake?
We’ve known for years that it’s not safe to eat cake mixture because of raw eggs. This recipe does not contain eggs. However, it does have raw flour. So to play it safe, we always heat our flour first when using it in any recipe that is not “baked”.
More Dessert Dip Recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
- Peeps S’mores Dip (2-ingredients)
- Orange Creamsicle Dip
- Easy Key Lime Cheesecake Dip
- 1 15.25 oz. box Funfetti cake mix, dry
- 8 ounces cool whip thawed
- 2 3.25 ounce snack packs vanilla pudding (not dry)
- 3 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
- Add the cake mix to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until it reaches a temperature of 165 degrees F to heat treat the cake mix. Let the cake mix cool for about 10 minutes, stirring every few to release heat.
- Use a hand mixer to beat together the cooled cake mix, cool whip, pudding, and sprinkles in a large mixing bowl until fully incorporated.