This is the best recipe for anyone who loves cannoli’s. This Easy Cannoli Dip Recipe brings together all the flavors of a traditional cannoli without the work. Use cannoli shells, waffle cones or cookies with this incredible dip.
The Best Cannoli Dip
Cannoli’s are undeniably delightful, but let’s face it – sometimes they’re just not practical for every occasion. That’s where this Easy Cannoli Dip Recipe swoops in to save the day. It captures all the luscious flavors of a traditional cannoli without the fuss. Whether you’re hosting a party, a family gathering, or just indulging in a sweet craving, this dip is your hassle-free ticket to cannoli heaven.
What You’ll Need
- The Base: The base of the dip is made from Whole milk ricotta, Cream cheese, Powdered sugar, and Vanilla extract. This is the basic flavors of the filling inside of the cannoli.
- Mini chocolate chips– These are sometimes added to the inside of the cannoli filling and sometimes it is not.
- Waffle cones– this is optional.
- Chocolate chip cookies– These are the dippers.
How to Make Cannoli Dip
Combine the Base: Using an electric stand mixer, beat ricotta cheese, cream cheese, and powdered sugar together until smooth using an electric mixer. Add in the vanilla and whip it again. Check the sweetness and decide if you need more sugar or not.
Add the Chocolate Chips: Stir in the chocolate chips and save some for the top. Garnish with the waffle cone in the center and use the waffle cone as the dipper. Store in fridge.
Can This Dip Recipe Be Frozen?
Yes! This is a great way to have this incredible dip whenever you want it. Store this dip in an air-tight container. It will stay good for up to 3 months.
Cannoli Dip Dippers?
You can use just about anything in this dip. I like to use fresh fruit, like strawberries, graham crackers, waffle cones, or even cookies like chocolate chip or vanilla wafers. Pizzelles is one of my favorite choices as well.
Pizzelle cookies are thin, crisp Italian cookies, similar to waffle cookies. They are made using a special iron griddle or press, which imprints intricate designs on the cookie’s surface. Pizzelle’s are one of my favorite choices as well. However, you can always use premade cannoli shells. It is the perfect sweet treat.
Other Easy Dessert Dips You Will Love
These easy dessert dips will always make your day. Simple no bake dessert ideas to get a snack ready in no time.
Easy Cannoli Dip Recipe
Directions to make Easy Cannoli Dip
- Add ricotta, cream cheese, and powdered sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer beating on medium-high speed until smooth. (3-5 minutes.)
- Mix in the vanilla, whipping for another 30 seconds.
- Taste the dip – if you’d like it sweeter, add more powdered sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time. (up to 8 tablespoons)
- Pour in mini chocolate chips stirring with a spatula.
- Keep some of the mini chocolate chips to garnish the dip top.
- Put a waffle cone in the center of the dip for additional garnish.
- Serve dip immediately with broken waffle cones and/or small chocolate chip cookies.
- Store in a container with a lid and place in the refrigerator.