This is the best recipe for anyone who loves cannolis. This Easy Cannoli Dip Recipe brings together all the flavors of a traditional cannoli without the work. Use cannoli shells, waffle cones or cookies with this incredible dip.
You will also want to check out our Cannoli Cake recipe – it’s Delicious!
Cannoli Dip Recipe
Cannolis are a well loved dessert but sometimes they just are not practical. Maybe it is because of a large group or people do not want a large cannoli only a small bit. In those cases, this dip is the ideal choice. You get all the flavors without having to have a set size for the cannoli or the need to make a large amount.
- Whole milk ricotta– You will want a new container and not a previously opened one.
- Cream cheese – Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature
- Powdered sugar – Powdered sugar is used instead of white sugar
- Vanilla– Always use pure vanilla for the best taste
- Mini chocolate chips- I like mini chocolate chips instead of full size
- Chocolate chip cookies– These are for dipping
- Waffle cones– The waffle cones are used as garnish
How to Make Cannoli Dip
Add the ricotta cheese, cream cheese, and powdered sugar to a bowl and mix it together on high speed until it is smooth. This takes about 3 to 5 minutes.
Add the vanilla and then whip again.
Taste the tip and see if it is sweet enough. If it is not, add more sugar.
Fold the chocolate chips and save some for the top of the dip.
Garnish with a waffle cone in the center and use waffle cone pieces as a dipper.
Store it in the refrigerator.
Can This Dip Be Frozen?
Yes! This is a great way to have cannoli dip whenever you want it. Store the this dip in an air tight container. It will stay good for up to 3 months.
What Should I Use to Dip Into This Dip?
You can use just about anything in this dip. I like to use graham crackers, waffle cones or even cookies. Of course, you can always use premade cannoli shells.
Other Dessert Dips You Will Love
Easy Cannoli Dip Recipe
Ingredients to make Easy Cannoli Dip
- 1 C whole milk ricotta new container, not previously opened
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 C mini chocolate chips
- 1 package small chocolate chip cookies
- 1 package waffle cones cookies
- 1 whole cone for garnish for the dip
Directions to make Easy Cannoli Dip
- Add ricotta, cream cheese, and powdered sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer beating on medium-high speed until smooth. (3-5 minutes.)
- Add in the vanilla, whipping for another 30 seconds.
- Taste the dip - if you'd like it sweeter, add more powdered sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time. (up to 8 tablespoons)
- Add in mini chocolate chips stirring with a spatula.
- Keep some of the mini chocolate chips to garnish the dip top.
- Put a waffle cone in the center of the dip for additional garnish.
- Serve dip immediately with broken waffle cones and/or small chocolate chip cookies.
- Store in a container with a lid and place in the refrigerator.