Easter Egg Oreo Balls
Easter Egg Oreo Balls are a soft and delectable way to enjoy Oreos this Easter. They’re made with creamy Oreo filling and coated in chocolate, and they’re sure to put a smile on everyone’s face. The molded Oreos are shaped into an egg and dipped into smooth white chocolate.
Oreo Truffles For Easter
This incredible Oreo Balls recipe is just so easy to make and even more delicious! You can have this oreo dessert in no time because it only requires a few ingredients. These adorable oreo eggs will be a great gift bag idea or to add to a buffet of desserts.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Cream Cheese: Use softened or room temperature cream cheese to allow ingredients to blend more easily. Using cream cheese in your filling will enhance the flavor and give it a more fluffy and delectable texture.
Oreo Cookies: These cookies are going to be crushed, so you will need a good pack of Oreos for the recipe and maybe some to munch on while you make this recipe!
White Almond Bark: You can use almond bark or candy melts for this recipe. This will be used to make that nice chocolate coating on the outside.
How To Make Easter Oreo Balls
Step 1. Add the Oreos into a food processor and pulse until you have crumbs. In a large bowl, add the cream cheese and butter and combine using a hand mixer.
Step 2. Portion the oreo mixture using a 1 1/2 tablespoon scoop and form them into egg shapes using your hands. Line a pan with parchment paper and arrange the oreo balls onto the pan and set in the freezer to chill for 30 minutes.
Step 3. While the oreo balls are chilling, place the almond bark or candy melts into a heat-safe bowl and melt in the microwave in 30-second intervals until smooth. Dip the Oreo balls into the melted chocolate using 2 forks and shake off the excess carefully.
Step 4. Set the oreo balls onto the parchment paper and top with sprinkles immediately. Continue until all the Oreo balls are dipped. Serve and Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks For Easter Oreo Balls
These are some of my favorite tips and tricks to use to make the best Oreo Balls:
- Use ANY type of Oreos you like. I personally like golden Oreos or lemon Oreos!
- I like the use of a food processor because it will give you the finest crumbs to work with. However, you can add the cookies into a Ziploc bag and crush them using a rolling pin.
- Use your choice of white almond bark or chocolate almond bark for the outer coating for this recipe.
- You also have the option to choose any color of candy melts.
- To add more eye-popping color to these Oreo Balls, I like to drizzle a different color on top of the eggs. Match pink with a blue drizzle or purple with a green drizzle. Have fun with it!
How To Store Easter Oreo Balls?
It is best to store any leftover Oreo balls in the refrigerator. You will need to keep them in an airtight Ziploc bag, or in an airtight container. You can also store them in the freezer to extend the shelf life even more.
More Oreo Recipes:
Easter Egg Oreo Balls
- 8 ounces cream cheese package, softened
- 19.1 ounce Oreo cookies package
- White almond bark
- Candy Melts Colored
- Easter Sprinkles
- In a food processor finely crush the Oreo cookies.
- Place the cookie crumbs and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl and blend together with a hand mixer until combined.
- Using a 1 ½ tablespoon scoop form the cookie mixture into balls and then gently shape into an egg shape.
- Place on a parchment paper-lined sheet pan and pop in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt your chocolates.
- Melt the almond bark or candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments until melted and smooth.
- Using 2 forks dip each egg in the chocolate and gently shake off any excess.
- Place the egg on parchment paper and immediately sprinkle with sprinkles.
- Repeat with all the eggs.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.