These cupcakes are super adorable and sweet. The Easy Robin Eggs Easter Cupcakes are the perfect themed dessert for the upcoming Easter Holiday. This cupcake is topped with delicious and creamy frosting and Easter candies that make them nothing less than perfect.
Robin Eggs Easter Cupcakes
This Robin Eggs Cupcakes are so good! With a few different ingredients blended together for the batter, you can pop these in the oven and top with a tasty frosted topping. This recipe will only take about 20 minutes to bake and they will be done in no time. This cupcake is super simple and easy to make and if you love this recipe, recipes like this Chocolate Mousse Cupcakes or Pumpkin Salted Caramel Cupcakes are also, other recipes that are easy and quick to make.
- Cake Mix- This will need to be French vanilla flavored.
- Eggs- These will need to be at room temperature.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Milk- You will need to use whole milk for this recipe.
- Powdered Sugar- This sugar is perfect for homemade frosting.
- Vanilla- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Heavy Whipping Cream- This will help with the consistency of your recipe.
- Whopper Eggs- These will need to be Easter themed and shimmery.
- Icing- You will need to get the Wilton Easter Bunny icing.
How to Make Easter Cupcakes
Set the oven to 350 degrees and use cupcake liners to line a pan.
Add the cake mix, eggs, milk, and butter into a large bowl and combine.
Pour the batter to fill the cupcake liners about 3/4 of the way full.
Place the batter into the oven and bake for 21 minutes or until the top becomes a light brown.
Place on the counter to cool while you make the frosting.
Make the frosting
Place the whopper eggs into a plastic bag and crush them.
Add the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream into a standing mixer and combine on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
Prepare a piping bag and add the frosting inside.
Mix the crushed whoppers into the rest of the icing.
Place the second set of icing into another piping bag.
Decorating the cupcakes
Pipe a frosting ring around the top of the finished cupcake using vanilla icing.
Add a dollop of the whopper icing into the center of the cupcake.
Add a couple of whopper eggs on top and put the bunny icing transfer next to the eggs.
Is It Easy to Decorate Easter Cupcakes
It is super simple the decorate these Easter Cupcakes. This recipe using piping bags to add the icing on top and then, you just top with whopper candies on top. You will very much enjoy decorating this recipe.
Do I have to use vanilla cupcakes?
While I think the the vanilla cupcakes are the best choice for these cupcakes because of the flavors and taste, you can certainly use whatever cupcake flavor you prefer.
More Cupcake Recipes:
- Robin Egg Cake with Vanilla Buttercream
- Coconut Macaroons Recipe – Easter Birds Nests
- Easter Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cadbury Egg Bars
Easy Robin Eggs Easter Cupcakes
- 1 box of french vanilla cake mix cake mix
- 3 large eggs room temp
- 1/2 C of softened cream butter
- 1 C whole milk
- 2 C unsalted butter softened
- 4 C powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 6-10 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 2 large piping bag with a wide star tip
- 1 – 8 oz bag of easter shimmery whopper eggs divided
- 1 package of Wilton easter bunny icing transfer
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line the cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- Using a large bowl, beat until combined the cake mix, eggs, milk, and butter
- Fill the cupcake liners ¾ full
- Bake in the oven for 21 minutes or until the tops are lightly golden brown
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely on the counter before frosting
- Using a ziplock bag, crush up half of the whopper eggs
- Using a stand mixer, combine the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream and mix on medium speed until stiff peaks form
- Scoop half of the vanilla frosting into 1 piping bag
- Beat in the crushed whopper eggs into the remaining icing
- Scoop into the second piping bag
Decorating the cupcakes :
- Using the vanilla piping bag, pipe a ring of frosting around the top of the cupcake
- Using the whopper frosting piping bag, pipe a dollop of frosting on top of the vanilla frosting
- Place a few shimmery easter whopper eggs on top and place the bunny icing transfer next to the eggs
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.