The Oreo Skillet Cookie is a delicious dessert that can be made in just one pan. This recipe will have you and your family drooling for more. You won’t believe how easy it is to make this dish. Try the Oreo Cookie Skillet today.
Oreo Skillet Cookie
This Oreo Skillet Cookie is packed with tasty flavor and is so good. This recipe can be made for any special occasion such as a picnic, party, or BBQ to feed all the hungry people you know. This Pizookie recipe is sweet, creamy, smooth, and even had a bit of a crunch. If you love Oreos and making Oreo flavored desserts, then you will want to try these Mint Oreo Cookie Bars or these Oreo Funfetti Cookie Bars.
- Butter– Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Brown Sugar– This will add richness to the dessert.
- Sugar– This is always used in the best dessert.
- Eggs– Use these at room temperature.
- Vanilla– Use pure extract for the best flavoring.
- Baking Soda– This will allow the ingredients to double.
- Salt– This will bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Flour– Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Chocolate Chips– You will need semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Oreos– These will need to be chopped.
- Sprinkles– These will need to be rainbow or multi-colored.
- Heavy Whipping Cream– This will help with the consistency.
- Chocolate Chips– You will need mini chocolate chips.
- Powdered Sugar– This is great for homemade icing.
How to Make Oreo Skillet Cookie
Chocolate Ganache directions :
To start at the heavy whipping cream into a small pot and bring to a simmer.
Next, add one cup of chocolate chips, and the heated cream into a medium heat-safe bowl and allow it to sit for one minute, then combine until smooth using a whisk.
Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookie Directions:
To start, set the oven to 350 degrees, and use Pam baking spray to grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
First, add the flour, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl, and combine.
Secondly, add the butter, sugar, and brown sugar into a large bowl, and combine until light and fluffy.
Thirdly, add in the eggs and vanilla and combine.
In addition, add in the drying ingredients slowly, and combine, until a dough forms.
Furthermore, add in 1 ½ C chocolate chips, 1 ½ C chopped Oreos, and ¾ C rainbow sprinkles and combine using a spatula.
Next, place the cookie dough into the bottom of the prepared pan, and gently press down.
To finish, add the rest of the chocolate chips, chopped Oreos and rainbow sprinkles on top of the cookie dough.
Finally, place the pan into the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the edges are set, and have turned a light brown.
Take out of the oven and set aside on a countertop to cool thoroughly.
Vanilla Frosting Directions :
First, add the butter, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla into a standing mixer and combine.
Next, add the frosting mixture into a piping bag and set it aside.
Decorating the Cookie Cake:
To start, take the cookie cake out of the pan and place it onto a cake board.
First, place the chocolate into a heat-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds until the chocolate is remounted.
Secondly, add the heated chocolate on top of the cookie and spread it out evenly.
Thirdly, add some mini chocolate chips, chopped Oreos, and sprinkles on top of the melted chocolate.
Next, allow the chocolate to set and firm before adding the frosting on top.
Furthermore, begin frosting dollops around the edge of the cookie cake and top with some sprinkles and a mini Oreo.
To finish, place a large Oreo in the middle of the cookie cake.
Finally, cut into pieces and serve with a large glass of milk.
What makes this cookie special?
This Cookie is so special because it is basically a really big cookie cake. You combine all the ingredients and build the cookie in a large skillet. Then, once it is finished, you can pretty much cut yourself a big piece of cookie.
Variations on the Oreo Cookie Skillet?
There are so many variations of this recipe. You can add as many add-ins as you want to fit your taste and texture. You can add other candies, chocolates, and even other cookies. All you need to do is it the ingredients to the recipe.
More Cookie Recipes:
- Oreo Cheesecake Cookies (5-ingredients)
- Easy Spring Oreo Chick Cookies
- Easy Valentine Treats – Lovable Oreo Kitty Cat Cookies
- Christmas Snowman Oreo Cookie Balls
Oreo Skillet Cookie
Chocolate Ganache directions :
- Using a small pot, bring the heavy whipping cream to a simmer
- Using a medium heat-safe bowl, combine the 1 C chocolate chips and the hot heavy whipping cream
- Allow sitting for 1 minute before whisking until smooth
- Set aside
Chocolate chip oreo cookie directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9in a round cake pan with pam baking spray, set aside
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt
- Using a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla until combined
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until combined and a dough forms
- Fold in 1 ½ C chocolate chips, 1 ½ C chopped Oreos, and ¾ C rainbow sprinkles
- Press the cookie dough into the cake pan
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips, chopped Oreos, and rainbow sprinkles on top
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the edges are set and start to turn a light golden brown
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely
Vanilla frosting directions :
- Using a standing mixer, beat the butter, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla until combined
- Scoop the frosting into the piping bag and set it aside
Decorating the cookie cake directions :
- Remove the cookie cake from the pan and place it onto the cake board
- Heat the chocolate ganache in the microwave for 30 seconds to re-melt the chocolate
- Pour the ganache onto the top of the cookie and smooth evenly
- Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips, chopped Oreos, and the rainbow sprinkles on top
- Allow the ganache to firm up before piping the frosting
- Once the ganache has firmed up, pipe dollops of frosting around the edge of the cookie cake
- Sprinkle rainbow sprinkles around the edge and place a mini oreo onto the frosting
- Place a big oreo in the center of the cookie cake
- Cut into slices and serve with a BIG OLE GLASS OF MILK
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 1 large piping bag with a round star tip