If you love coleslaw, you are going to love this recipe for the most amazing Apple Slaw recipe. This slaw is an incredible side dish recipe that is a bit sweet and a bit tangy. Packed full of delicious fresh ingredients, make this as a recipe for dinner, picnics or pot lucks.
This Apple Slaw recipe is filled will a sweet and tangy flavor. This recipe comes out so good and will have you falling in love with the first bite. You will use a few different fruits to add the best taste and texture to the recipe. This recipe is so easy, you just throw everything into a large bowl and mix and it is ready in minutes.
- Apples- You will need a red and green apple shredded for this recipe.
- Carrots- You will need to shred your carrots for this recipe.
- Cabbage- This additional ingredient will need to be shredded also.
- Yogurt- You will need plain greek yogurt for this recipe.
- Sour Cream- This will help with the consistency of your sauce.
- Lemon Juice- This will add a tangy flavor to your recipe.
- Maple Syrup- This will add a sweet flavor to your recipe.
- Salt- This salt will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Pepper- This will be for additional taste.
- Cranberries- These will need to be dried cranberries. (optional)
- Almonds- You will need these to be almond slices. (optional)
How to Make Apple Slaw
Add the apples, carrots, cabbage, cranberries, and almond slices into a large bowl and combine.
Add the Greek yogurt, sour cream, lemon juice, maple syrup, honey, salt, and pepper into another medium-sized bowl and combine.
Pour the yogurt mixture over top of the vegetables and combine everything until fully incorporated.
You can serve with more cranberries and almonds if desired.
Serve and Enjoy!
What Apples Go Into Slaw?
You can add whatever apples you would like in your slaw. However, for this recipe, you will be using two types of apples. You will need a red and green apple for this apple slaw recipe. Both apples will be shredded as well along with your other ingredients.
How Long is Apple ColeSlaw Good For?
Your Apple Slaw recipe can be used for a few days. You will need to seal the apple slaw in a container and place it in the fridge and your recipe will last for about 3 to 5 days. You will want to make sure to not leave the recipe out at room temperature any longer than two hours or it will spoil.
More Picnic Recipes
- Crock Pot Creamed Corn
- Dill Pickle Dip Recipe
- Creamy Bow Tie Pasta Salad
- Creamy Bacon Pea Salad
- Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs
Apple Slaw Recipe
- 1 red apple shredded
- 1 green apple shredded
- 1 ½ cups carrots shredded
- 4 cups cabbage shredded
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries optional
- 1/3 cup almond slices optional
- In a large bowl, mix the apples, carrots, cabbage, cranberries, and almond slices.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, mix the Greek yogurt, sour cream, lemon juice, maple syrup, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Take the bowl with the sauce and pour it into the larger bowl with the apples, carrots, and cabbage. Mix everything together thoroughly until all combined.
- Top with additional cranberries and almond slices (optional) and enjoy!