Chocolate Chip Cookies are always a favorite and there several recipe versions out there. We have tested a ton of those cookie recipes and we are convinced that this chocolate chip cookie recipe is the absolute BEST!
The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies
This Chocolate chip cookie recipe is so chewy and delicious! This cookie comes out so warm and soft with a crispy edge. This recipe taste like you bought it straight from a bakery and is sure to become your favorite. If you love baking, I also recommend trying out these Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies and Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Cookies for other tasty cookie recipes.
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Baking Soda- This will allow the ingredients to rise in the oven.
- Fine Sea Salt- Use this to bring out the flavor in the recipe.
- Butter- Use unsalted to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Sugar- Every great dessert recipe uses sugar in the recipe.
- Brown Sugar- This will add moisture and richness to your cookies.
- Vanilla- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Eggs- Use eggs that are at room temperature.
- Chocolate Chips- You will need semi-sweet chocolate chips for this recipe.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies
Set the oven to 350 degrees.
Add the flour, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl and combine, then set it aside.
Add the butter, sugar, and brown sugar into a large bowl or standing mixer. Combine all the ingredients until creamy and wet sand-like.
Pour in the vanilla and eggs, then combine on medium to high speed for approximately 30-45 seconds until the batter is creamy.
Add the flour mixture into the batter by working in portions. Combine the ingredients on medium speed while using a spatula to scrape the sides to get an excess batter off the sides. When the ingredients are fully incorporated, they will begin to form a soft dough.
Add the chocolate chips into the batter using a large spoon or spatula.
Start arranging portions of dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Use a large portion scoop or spoon, while also making sure to leave about 1 1/2-2 inches of space between them.
Place into the oven for about 10-12 minutes or until the edges turn a light brown.
Take out of the oven and begin adding some more chocolate chips on top of the cookies right away if desired.
Serve and Enjoy with a glass of milk! We also love sprinkle sea salt on top to give our cookies that sweet and salty flavor, but this is totally optional.
How to Keep Cookies Fresh?
Keeping your cookies fresh is a must and will allow for longer shelf life. You can keep your cookies fresh by wrapping them in cling wrap or placing them in a Ziploc or airtight container. Its also recommended keeping the cookies separated and not bunched together.
Can I Freeze This Cookie Recipe?
Yes, you can definitely place these into the freezer. You will want to store these cookies in an airtight container or freezer bag. This will allow the cookies to last up to 3 months in the freezer.
Why are my cookies flat?
Having flat chocolate cookies could be a result of a few things. You could be using butter that is too soft or using too much. You could also be using the wrong type of fat or over greasing your baking sheet.
How to make soft chocolate chip cookies?
For a soft chocolate chip cookies, you will want to add more moisture to your cookie. You can do this by adding more of certain ingredients. For example, you will want to add more butter to your recipe for softer and chewy chocolate chip cookies.
How to Get Your Cookies the Same Size?
It is very simple to keep your cookies the same size. All you need to do is use a medium or large Portion Cookie Scoop.
Bake The Perfect Cookie Guide
This guide is handy to have to easily bake chocolate chip cookies according to your preference.
More Cookie Recipes:
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Thick Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookies
- Toffee Chocolate Cookies
- S’mores Stuffed Cookies
- Loaded Chocolate M&M Cookies
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter slightly softened (two sticks)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ¼ cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- additional ¼ cup of chocolate chips for topping after baking
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set the bowl aside.
- In a large bowl, or using a stand mixer, combine the butter, sugar, and brown sugar, beating them together until the ingredients are well combined and creamy, like wet sand.
- Add in the vanilla and the eggs, then continue to mix at medium to high speed, for about 30-45 seconds, until the batter becomes creamy.
- Working in batches, add in the flour mixture and continue mixing at slow to medium speed, scraping the bowl with a rubber spatula as necessary. Once the ingredients are combined, it will form a soft dough.
- Use a large spoon or spatula, to stir in the chocolate chips until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Using a large portion scoop, or a very large spoon, scoop the dough and drop onto a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper. Leave at least 1 ½ -2 inches between cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges of the cookies, begin to turn golden brown, then remove from the oven. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top of each cookie while they are still warm if desired.