If you love Eclairs, you have to try this Eclair Cake. It is so creamy and has the exact same taste as the filling for an eclair. When you make this cake for your friends and family, it is going to be the talk of the dinner.
Eclair Cake Recipe
Oh my, this Eclair Cake i+s one of the best desserts I’ve ever eaten. Not only does it taste like an Eclair, but It’s also just delicious. You might find yourself eating half the pan in one sitting. It’s really easy to make and turns out a pretty dessert that you could serve anytime. I promise, everyone will love this, so make sure to keep it handy.
- Water- Water is used to bring the crust together
- Butter- Always use unsalted butter to control the butter in the recipe
- Flour- It is best to use all purpose flour in the crust
- Eggs- Use room temperature eggs
- Cream cheese- Make sure the cream cheese is room temperature
- Vanilla Instant Pudding- This brings the custard together
- Heavy whipping cream- You want to use heavy whipping cream to bring it all together.
- Coffeemate, Italian Sweet Cream – This is the best choice for the creamer, but any sweet cream creamer will work.
- Cool Whip- Use softened Cool Whip
- Chocolate Syrup – Chocolate syrup is used to drizzle over the top.
How to Make an Eclair Cake Recipe
- Prepare a 9*13 baking dish.
- In a medium pan, melt the butter with the water and bring it to a boil.
- Remove it from the heat and add the flour and eggs.
- Spread the mixture into the bottom of the baking dish and press it up the sides forming the crust.
- Bake the crust for 25 minutes until it is golden brown.
- Let the crust cool.
- Beat the cream cheese with a mixer.
- In another bowl, combine the pudding, creamer and heavy cream for 2 minutes and place it in the refrigerator to chill.
- Once the crust is completely cooled, pour the filling into the crust and then place the Cool Whip on top of the filling.
- Drizzle the cake with chocolate syrup and place it back into the refrigerator to chill before serving.
How Long is Eclair Cake Good For?
This cake will need to be stored in the refrigerator. When it is kept chilled and covered well, the eclair cake will last for about 5 days.
Can You Freeze an Eclair Cake?
This cake is easy to freeze. You want to store it in an airtight container. I like to store the cake in smaller, individual pieces. If you are keeping all pieces in the same container, cut it into pieces and you can use wax or parchment paper to separate the pieces.
More Cake Recipes
- Blueberry Coffee Cake with Streusel Topping
- No-Bake Lemon Icebox Cake
- Triple Chocolate Mint Cake
- Chocolate Cosmic Cake
Easy Eclair Cake Recipe
FOR THE CRUST:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup flour
- 4 large eggs
FOR THE FILLING:
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese softened
- 2 small boxes Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup Coffeemate Italian Sweet Cream – creamer
- 1 8 ounce container Cool Whip
- Chocolate Syrup to drizzle
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease (lightly) a 9 X 13 baking dish. Set the Cool Whip out to thaw.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter in water, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and stir in the flour. Add one egg at a time, and mix well before adding the next. When all eggs have been added, blend well, and then spread the dough mixture into the 9 X 13 dish, covering the bottom and sides evenly. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Make sure not to bake the crust too long. Remove from oven and let cool. Crust will have puffed up in places, but don’t push them down, it will settle as it cools, and the filling is added.
- To make the filling, place the cream cheese in the mixing bowl of a stand mixer. In a separate bowl, whisk the pudding mix with the heavy cream and creamer for 2 to 3 minutes, and place in the refrigerator until thick. When pudding is set (thick) slowly add it to the mixing bowl, and mix it with the cream cheese, until smooth and creamy. Place the filling mix in the refrigerator to completely chill.
- When the crust has cooled completely, pour filling on top of crust. Add the Cool Whip on top of the filling, and drizzle with the chocolate syrup. Place the dessert back in the refrigerator to chill before serving.
- Serve, and Enjoy!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
2 comments on “Easy Eclair Cake Recipe”
I have bought all the ingredients to make the no bake eclair cake. But in your directions I did not see when and where to add the coffeemate creamer.
It’s added with the heavy cream. We’ve updated the recipe card. Thanks.