Easy Jalapeno Cornbread
Cornbread is a delicious bread that you can enjoy with any meal. You can enjoy it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner with your friends and family. I have a new recipe that adds a slight twist of Jalapeno to add a little heat to your meal. This Jalapeno Cornbread Recipe may just become a favorite.
Jalapeno Cornbread Recipe
This Jalapeno Cornbread has a wonderful crumbly and moist texture with a bit of spicy. This recipe is super easy to make and if you make cornbread often, you only need a few extra ingredients. This recipe will take your average cornbread to a new level and you and your loved ones will just fall in love.
Cornbread is honestly one of those side dishes that go with so many different entrees and it’s very easy to make. I think one of my favorite things about making cornbread is that it’s so versatile. You can add different ingredients to create totally different flavor combinations. Some of our favorite cornbread recipes are my Cornbread Stuffing that’s full of Sausage, my Cornbread Dressing, and my Mexican Cornbread.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Sugar- This will add great flavor and will come out with the best result.
- Cornmeal- This will add texture and sweetness to your bread.
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Baking powder- This will allow your bread to rise in the oven.
- Salt- This salt will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Honey- This will be used as a natural sweetener.
- Eggs- Use eggs that are at room temperature.
- Buttermilk- You can use milk with a bit of vinegar as a substitute.
- Jalapenos– You will need these to be chopped and will be used mostly for taste.
How to Make Jalapeno Cornbread
Set your oven to 400 degrees.
Use the baking spray to grease a 9 x 9″ or 9 x 13″ for thinner bread. Add parchment paper to the bottom of the pan with a little excess (about 3″) to lift out the bread when it is done.
Add the butter and sugar into a large bowl and combine until smooth.
Combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt in another bowl.
In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, honey, and eggs.
Combine 1/2 of the milk mixture with 1/2 of the dry mixture and whisk to combine after each addition. Continue until you use all of the batters.
Add in the Jalapenos and fold in to combine.
Evenly spread the mixture into the prepared pan.
Place in the oven for 25 minutes or until the center is set. Check this by placing a toothpick in the middle and it should come out clean.
Place on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes before enjoying.
Is This a Spicy Cornbread Recipe?
This Cornbread Recipe has a little bit of spice to it. You will be using Jalapeno’s in this recipe, these peppers are often spicy to certain individuals. This recipe is spicy, but I highly recommend giving it a try because it is so good.
What Do You Eat with Jalapeno Cornbread?
This Jalapeno Cornbread can be eaten whenever you want. You can enjoy it with eggs and bacon for breakfast, a soup or chili for lunch, or chicken and other meats for dinner. This bread can add the perfect amount of spice to any meal and is a perfect bread to eat with almost anything.
MORE JALAPENO RECIPES
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- Jalapeno Cheddar Bread
- Artichoke Jalapeno Dip
- Jalapeno Cheese Ball
- Bacon Jalapeno Popper Dip
Honey Jalapeno Cornbread
- mixing bowls, measuring cup, measuring spoons, baking dish, whisk
- ⅔ cup Butter unsalted, softened
- ⅓ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1¾ cups Cornmeal
- 1½ cups All-purpose flour
- 4½ tsp Baking powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- ⅓ cup Honey
- 3 lg Eggs
- 1⅔ cups Buttermilk
- 1 cup Jalapenos chopped, add to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° and grease a 9 x 9" baking dish. (can use a 9x13 but it will produce a thinner bread) Line bottom of the dish with parchment paper with 3" extensions on end for lift.
- Beat butter and granulated sugar together in a large bowl until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt. In a third bowl stir together buttermilk, honey, and eggs. Add ½ of the milk mixture, then ½ of the dry mixture into the sugar/butter mixture, whisking after each addition. Repeat with the rest of the ingredients. Stir in the jalapenos to taste. Spread mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack for about 20 minutes before slicing.