Jalapeno Popper Chicken is the dinner that dreams are made of. A creamy, cheesy jalapeno and bacon mixture are stuffed into juicy chicken breasts, then breaded and baked to perfection!
Jalapeno Popper Chicken
I can’t get enough of jalapeno poppers – whether it’s jalapeno cheese ball, bacon jalapeno popper dip, air fryer jalapeno bacon cheese balls or jalapeno cheddar bread – we are obsessed! This jalapeno popper chicken is full of those great creamy and delicious flavors with a kick. This stuffed chicken recipe is also so easy to make and impressive enough to serve to company.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- cream cheese
- cheddar jack shredded cheese
- chicken breast cutlets
- bread crumbs
How To Make Jalapeno Stuffed Chicken Breasts
This stuffed chicken recipe is so easy and just takes a few steps to prepare.
The Filling: a combination of cream cheese, shredded cheddar jack cheese and diced jalapenos. I used fresh jalapenos, but you can also use the pickled jalapenos from a jar is you prefer. I also removed the seeds because my youngest prefers less spicy. However, you can leave them in if you like spicy.
How To Stuff Chicken: The creamy cheese mixture will go inside the chicken breast cutlets. Place the chicken on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of the cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each cutlet. TIP: If you’d like to keep as much of the stuffing inside the chicken breast as possible to prevent any of the mixture falling out, use toothpicks to secure the opening together. Just remember to remove your toothpicks before serving.
Breading The Chicken: You will mix the wet ingredients (oil and lime juice) and coat the chicken cutlets. Then toss in the italian bread crumbs.
How Long To Bake Stuffed Chicken Breast: Place the breaded chicken in a baking pan coated with cooking spray and bake at 450 degrees for for 22-25 minutes.
What To Serve With Jalapeno Popper Chicken
We like this served with mashed potatoes a green vegetable (such as green beans or broccoli) and a salad.
Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- Season the chicken with salt. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Coat a baking dish with cooking spray. Combine cream cheese, shredded cheese, chopped jalapeño and bacon crumbles in a medium bowl.
- Place the chicken on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of the cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each cutlet, secure the ends with toothpicks to prevent the cheese from melting out.
- Place breadcrumbs in a bowl; in a second bowl combine olive oil, lime juice and a pinch of salt. Dip chicken in mixture, then in the breadcrumbs and place seam side down on your prepared baking dish. Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray the top of the chicken with the cooking spray.
- Bake 22-25 minutes, serve and enjoy!