These Cornbread Muffins infused with honey are perfectly delectable and delicious. The Honey Muffins can give you a sweet and flavorful side to any meal! The crumbly cornbread muffin is great with butter or jam for your morning breakfast too!
Cornbread Muffins with Honey
Cornbread Muffins with honey are so good! These muffins are the best side to any dish and can be used as such or as a dessert! This recipe is sweet like honey and crumbly like cornbread. You can make tons of variations of muffins like these Banana Bran Muffins or these Chocolate Chip Banana Muffin Tops for breakfast, lunch, brunch, dinner, or dessert!
- Cornmeal– Use yellow cornmeal as a thickening agent.
- Flour– Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Baking Powder– Use this to allow the recipe to rise in the oven.
- Salt– Use this to bring out the flavors.
- Sugar– This sugar is always used in the best dessert recipes.
- Honey– Use this to add sweetness to the recipe.
- Buttermilk– Use milk with a bite of vinegar as a substitute.
- Eggs– Use these at room temperature.
- Butter– Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
How to Make Cornbread Muffins with Honey
To start, set the oven to 400 degrees and use non-stick cooking spray to lightly coat a muffin tin or use liners.
Secondly, add the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
Thirdly, add the sugar, honey, buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter into another mixing bowl and combine.
Next, combine the wet and dry ingredients until light, airy, and fluffy.
Afterward, separate the batter into the prepared muffin tin using an ice cream scoop. Place in the oven for 15 minutes until light brown.
Lastly, allow the muffins to sit in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack and topping with honey.
Serve and enjoy!
Can you freeze these Cornbread Muffins?
Yes, cornbread muffins can be placed in the freezer. Put these muffins in a sealed container before placing them in the freezer. The freezer is the best way to keep your muffins for as long as possible.
Can I Make This Recipe as One Loaf of Cornbread?
Yes, this recipe can be made as a loaf. You will need to rearrange the ingredients to fit in a loaf pan. Time spent in the oven will also differ depending on the size of the pan you use.
More Muffin Recipes:
- Lemon Cranberry Muffins
- Banana Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
- Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins
- Pumpkin Muffins with Streusel Topping
Honey Cornbread Muffins
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 400℉. Line a muffin tin with liners or lightly coat with nonstick spray and set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, honey, buttermilk, eggs and melted butter until just combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until they are just mixed. The batter will be light, airy and fluffy.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin tin using a mechanical ice cream scoop. They should be close to full. Bake for 15 minutes until a golden color. Let the muffins sit for 5 minutes in the pan.
- Cool on a wire rack or serve warm with butter and drizzled honey if desired.