Best Brownie Recipe (Fudgy & Chewy)
This Brownie Recipe is by far the best we have ever made. They are fudgy, moist, chewy, full of chocolate flavor and have the crackly tops. These homemade brownies will disappear quickly!
Over the years, we have made some really fun brownies with all sorts of ingredients like Milky Ways, lemon and even Dr. Pepper. However, nothing compares to a traditional, homemade chocolate brownie. I just love the classics.
BEST Brownie Recipe
When I make these my family ooh’s and ahh’s over them. I end up having to make a double batch almost every time.
This easy brownie recipe calls for basic pantry ingredients, and it’s just as simple as using a boxed brownie mix. However the results of this homemade brownie recipe are FAR more amazing. Absolute perfection – glossy, moist, fudgy, chewy and filled with rich chocolate flavor.
Serve these fudgy brownies with a big glass of milk or better yet, a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The warm chocolate and cold ice cream is a match made in heaven.
Brownie Recipe Ingredients
(full amounts in recipe box below)
For this recipe, I’d be willing to bet that you probably have all of these ingredients in your pantry right now. Go take a peak at what you might be missing, gather everything up, and let’s bake!
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Powdered Sugar
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Vegetable Oil
How To Make Brownies From Scratch
- Prep. Grab an 8×8 pan, line it with parchment paper and preheat your oven.
- Mix. Using two separate bowls, stir together your dry ingredients in one and mix the wet ingredients in the other.
- Combine. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until it’s all combined.
4. Bake. Pour the chocolate brownie batter into the pan and bake for about 40 minutes.
That’s it! Pretty easy, right? It’s almost just as easy as a box mix and tastes so much better.
Tips for The BEST Homemade Brownies
- Measure your flour exactly. Do this by adding the flour into the measuring cup with a spoon (instead of scooping from the container) without packing, and scraping the top off evenly with a butter knife.
- Use a pizza cutter! One of our fun tricks is to pull the brownies out of the pan by the parchment paper, and after they cool just using a pizza cutter to cut them. Try it!
- Real Vanilla Extract. Using this instead of the imitation may cost a bit more, but the flavor is so much better when you use the real stuff.
- Add new toppings. Try things like M&M’s, mint chocolate chips, sprinkles, nuts or whatever sounds yummy!
More Delicious Brownie Recipes
BEST Brownie Recipe
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup flour
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoon water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- Line an 8x8 square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an extra two inches over the sides for easy removal of the brownies whey they have finished baking.
- Lightly spray or butter the other exposed sides of the pan. Set the pan aside until the batter is ready.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, salt and chocolate chips.
- In a large mixing bowl, or stand mixer, mix the eggs, oil, water and vanilla together.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture and continue mixing until the dry ingredients are completely mixed in with the egg mixture.
- Evenly pour the batter into the lined pan, using a spoon or spatula to evenly distribute the batter.
- Bake on the center rack, in the middle of the oven for about 40 minutes.
- Optional: Sprinkle a handful of chocolate chips on top of the brownies about halfway into the baking process.
- Brownies will be done when the top looks shiny.