Dump cakes are such a quick and simple way to make a delicious dessert, and this Easy Peach Dump Cake is one of the best! With ingredients like yellow cake mix, peaches, and butter that you can keep in your pantry, you can make this wonderful peach cobbler inspired dessert any time.
Easy Peach Dump Cake
Dump cakes are our favorite way to make a dessert super fast. This is a good cooking project for kids too! Dump cakes are traditionally made with a canned fruit (but sometimes fresh or frozen), a dry cake mix, and butter. As it bakes, the ingredients meld together to make a really great cobbler-like sweet treat. This Easy Peach Dump Cake is a tasty twist on the classic dump cake that we’re sure you’ll love.
Here’s what you’ll need to make peach dump cake (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the easy to print recipe card):
- Butter – be sure to use regular, salted, full-fat butter and not margarine.
- Brown sugar
- Canned peaches in heavy syrup – do not drain the syrup from the can as it is needed as a part of the recipe.
- Yellow cake mix – use any brand of dry cake mix that you like.
How to Make Easy Peach Dump Cake
Preheat the oven to 350ºF degrees. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and brush over the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Evenly sprinkle the 2 tablespoons of brown sugar over the butter in the pan.
Dump the peaches, including the canning juice, into the pan. Arrange the peaches evenly.
Spread the cake mix over the peaches.
Cut the 1 ½ sticks of butter into small pieces and place evenly over top of the cake mix.
Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Serve warm.
What to Serve with the Easy Peach Dump Cake
- Whipped cream – fresh whipped cream, Cool Whip, or Reddiwip are wonderful on this peach dump cake.
- Ice cream – vanilla ice cream or even peach ice cream is a great accompaniment.
- Peaches – add extra chopped peaches.
Tip: Love peaches and want to add more to the dump cake? Add a second can of peaches, just drain off the canning juice first. The canning juice of one can is just the right amount for the recipe, so when adding the extra can of peaches, make sure you get as much of the liquid drained as possible. Then you’ll have a wonderful double peach version of this recipe!
How to Store Leftovers
Keep the leftover peach dump cake covered with plastic or in an air tight food storage container. It can keep at room temperature, but is best when refrigerated. The dump cake will stay fresh for up to three days.
More Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Easy Peach Dump Cake
- 3/4 cup butter 1 ½ sticks butter, plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar packed
- 29 ounce can peaches in heavy syrup (undrained)
- 15.25 ounce box yellow cake mix
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and brush over the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Evenly sprinkle the 2 tablespoons of brown sugar over the butter in the pan.
- Dump the peaches, including the canning juice, into the pan. Arrange the peaches evenly.
- Spread the cake mix over the peaches.
- Cut the 1 ½ sticks of butter into small pieces and place evenly over top of the cake mix.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.