Eggnog Snickerdoodles are like a cross between your favorite snickerdoodle recipe with a big glass of eggnog. It’s a sugary sweet holiday cookie to enjoy this winter!
I just love a good dessert mashup. Why pick one sweet treat when you can just smash them together and create one yummy dessert combo? Our Pecan Pie Brownies and Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies are two of my favorites.
These cookies not only have the delicious flavor of cinnamon and nutmeg like Eggnog does, they have actual Eggnog in them! Grab your favorite brand of the holiday drink and save a bit to make these.
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Cream of Tarter
Eggnog Snickerdoodle Recipe
Making these is really similar to a sugar cookie recipe. Start off by creaming together your butter and sugars.
Next, mix in the egg and then the vanilla. After that, add in the salt, spices, cream of tarter and baking soda.
When that is all combined, gradually mix in the flour one cup at a time. The last step in preparing the batter is to slowly add in your Eggnog.
Instead of dropping the dough onto a baking sheet straight away, we roll it into balls and coat them in a cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar mix.
Bake them and enjoy!
Do Snickerdoodles have nuts?
Nope! They sure don’t.
Can you make Snickerdoodles without cream of tartar?
Cream of tartar is what helps make the chewiness of these cookies and there is just not a really great substitute for it.
Your kitchen will smell so great while these cook. It’s one of my favorite parts of baking with cinnamon and nutmeg!
Looking for more fun ways to bake with eggnog? We’ve made Eggnog Pancakes, Eggnog Cheesecake and Eggnog Bread.
- 1 C Unsalted butter softened
- 1 C Granulated sugar
- 1/2 C Light brown sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 1 1/2 TSP vanilla extract
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- 1 TSP Cinnamon
- 1/2 TSP Nutmeg
- 2 TSP Baking powder
- 1 TSP Cream of tartar
- 3 C All purpose flour
- 1/4 C Eggnog
- 1/3 C Granulated sugar
- 1/4 TSP Nutmeg
- 3/4 TSP Cinnamon
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream together butter and sugars.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Mix in egg, followed by vanilla.
- Scrape bowl as needed.
- Mix in salt, spices, baking powder and cream of tartar.
- Add one cup of flour at a time, increasing speed after each addition.
- Lastly, slowly add in eggnog, mixing until just combined and no streaks remain.
- Chill dough for 1-2 hours or until dough is firm but manageable.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop slightly heaping balls of dough.
- Shape into smooth 1-inch balls.
- Roll each dough ball into sugar mixture.
- Space 2-inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.