The Best Eggnog Cookies – Soft and Chewy
The Eggnog Cookies are the absolute best recipe. They’re soft, chewy and full of cinnamon flavor. Better yet, they’re simple to make. This eggnog cookie recipe will be a huge hit at your holiday parties or cookie exchanges!
If you love Eggnog (or even if you don’t) we have recipes for you. We made Eggnog Fudge and a White Russian Eggnog that are so good. And truth be told, people that aren’t usually big fans of the drink by itself, usually enjoy these desserts. There are so many fun ways to use Eggnog!
The Best Eggnog Cookies
Yes, we are actually going to be using Eggnog in this recipe. You can use any brand you like (there are so many now!) but our favorite is Hood Golden Eggnog. “A blend of extra creamy milk, sugared yolks and spices.”
Can you Freeze Eggnog Cookies?
Yes, you can freeze these cookies. To do so, be sure to put them in an airtight container or freezer bag with layers of parchment paper in between (otherwise they’ll all be stuck together).
How to make Eggnog Cookies
Ingredients you will need:
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Baking Soda
For this eggnog cookie recipe, first you’ll combine your dry ingredients. Then in a seperate bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Once it’s mixed, you add eggnog, egg and vanilla until its smooth and creamy. Slowly add your dry ingredients to the wet until it’s blended.
Bake these for roughly 25 minutes or until you see the outside starting to brown. Once they are out of the oven and have cooled a bit, it’s time to eat! Serve these up with a big glass of milk or a fresh cup of coffee.
Looking for more Christmas cookies?
Hot Cocoa Cookies take another drink favorite, hot chocolate, and turns them into a cookie.
Our Best Sugar Cookie Recipe will show you how to make perfect roll-out cookies for your holiday cookie cutters.
Reindeer Poop Cookies with swirled red and green frosting are always a kid favorite.
Gingerbread Crinkle cookies taste amazing and are much easier than traditional gingerbread men.
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 ground ground cloves
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg large
- 4 Tbsp sugar (for rolling)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookies sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg together in a small bowl.
- Using an electric mixer cream the sugar and butter together in a large bowl.
- Add the eggnog, vanilla, and egg beating at medium speed until smooth.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Beat at low speed just until blended.
- Create 2 tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough. Gently roll into a ball, then roll each ball in the additional sugar to coat. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet.
- Leave 1 inch between each cookie.
- Sprinkle lightly with additional nutmeg.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. (Or until bottoms turn light brown.)
- Allow the cookies to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack.
- Leave the cookies on a wire rack to cool completely.