What until you try these Funfetti Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls recipe. The flavor of these cinnamon rolls is unique. Similar to a regular cinnamon roll, these rolls go a step further with the dough having an additional sweetness and filled with sprinkles.
Funfetti Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls
By using a cake mix to get this recipe started, you are saving steps and adding flavor. Combined with the sprinkles, these cinnamon rolls are absolutely delicious. Make these cinnamon rolls for brunch or for a special occasion.
- Sprinkles- Light green, Hot Pink, Yellow, Light Blue and Purple Nonpareil’s, cake confetti sprinkles and sprinkle Jimmies
- Funfetti cake mix- This is a simple way to save time and give flavor.
- Flour- Use all purpose flour when you are making cinnamon rolls.
- Water- Make sure the water is warm and not hot.
- Active dry yeast- Make sure the dry yeast is not expired
- Canola oil- Vegetable oil can be used too
- Unsalted butter – The butter will need to be melted
- Light brown sugar- Brown sugar is used as part of the filling because it gives the best flavor.
- Cinnamon- You can’t make cinnamon rolls without cinnamon
- Powdered sugar- Powdered sugar is used to make the glaze.
- Vanilla extract-Always use pure vanilla for the best flavor.
- Whole milk- 2% milk will also work
How to Make Funfetti Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
First, combine the sprinkles
Combine all sprinkles into a closed container and shake until combined.
Mix together the cake mix, flour, water, and yeast.
Place the dough on a floured surface and need it together until the dough is combined and it backs back after touching it.
Place the dough in a glass bowl and spread about 1 tablespoon of oil on top and on the sides of the bowl.
Cover the bowl with a towel and then let it sit for an hour.
The dough will double in size.
Then move the dough back onto a floured surface and roll it out to 1/8 inch thick.
Brush the dough with melted butter and then sprinkle it with cinnamon, sugar, and about 1/2 cup of sprinkles.
Roll the dough into a log and then cut it into rolls.
Place the slices into a baking dish and cover again for an hour.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and then bake the rolls for 30 minutes.
While the rolls are baking, make the icing.
Combine the ingredients together until it is smooth and creamy.
Drizzle the glaze over the baked rolls.
Let the buns cool for 15 minutes before eating.
Can I Make These Cinnamon Rolls Ahead of Time?
The cinnamon rolls will stay good for a few days after they are baked, so you can make them ahead and then simply reheat them. Or you can have them ready to bake and store them in the refrigerator overnight. Then let them come to room temperature before baking them to have fresh baked cinnamon rolls.
What Glaze Goes on Funfetti Cinnamon Rolls?
You will be making a simple powdered sugar glaze to go over the Funfetti Cinnamon Rolls. Using only powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla the glaze will taste fantastic with the cinnamon rolls.
Other Delicious Breakfast Recipes
- Pancake and Maple Bacon Cupcakes
- Buttermilk Coffee Cake
- Cranberry Lemon Muffins Recipe
- Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Crescent Ring
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Crescent Ring
Funfetti Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Funfetti Sprinkle Mix
- 1 pouch of Light green, Hot Pink, Yellow, Light Blue and Purple Nonpareil's, cake confetti sprinkles and sprinkle Jimmies (bought from Michaels craft stores)
Cinnamon roll Ingredients
Directions to make Funfetti Cinnamon Rolls
- Combine all sprinkles into a closed container and shake until combined.
Cinnamon roll directions:
- Using a large mixing bowl, mix together the cake mix, flour, warm water, and yeast.
- Mix until slightly combined
- Once combined, place dough onto a floured surface and knead until combined and the dough bounces back after touching it
- Place dough into a large glass bowl and brush the 1 tbsp oil onto the top of the dough and sides of the glass bowl
- Cover with a kitchen towel and let sit for an hour
- Once the dough has doubled in size, place dough onto floured surface and roll out to 1/8 inch
- Brush melted butter onto the dough and sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar and 1/2 C of the funfetti sprinkles.
- Roll into a log and cut into rolls
- Place rolls into a baking dish and cover again for another hour
- Once the hour is up, preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Once oven is preheated, bake the cinnamon rolls for 30 minutes
Cinnamon roll icing directions :
- Using a standing mixer, combine the powdered sugar, vanilla and whole milk together until smooth and creamy
- Once the cinnamon rolls have been baked, remove from oven and drizzle the icing onto the cinnamon rolls
- Allow cinnamon rolls to cool for about 15 minutes before enjoying!