There’s nothing like kicking back on a hot summer day with a Frozen Fuzzy Navel. The perfectly matched notes of orange and peach are the highlight of this drink. Have it ready in just a couple of minutes!
Easy Frozen Fuzzy Navel Cocktail
For a quick, easy, and refreshing cocktail, you can never go wrong with a Fuzzy Navel. It’s easy to prepare and has a light peach and orange flavor that will please almost anyone. I find this a great drink to serve when you’re not sure which liquor every prefers, as it doesn’t have quite the distinctive taste as other cocktails, such as a margarita.
Like a mimosa, fuzzy navels can be enjoyed pretty much anytime. They’re light and refreshing enough to be perfect for brunch but they’re just as good while you’re relaxing by the pool too.
This is a classic fuzzy navel recipe with one exception – I blend it with ice to make a frozen cocktail. If you’re not a fan of frozen cocktails or don’t have a blender, just pour the ingredients over ice and stir!
Why You’ll Love This Frozen Cocktail
This fuzzy navel drink is one of my all-time favorite cocktails. Here are a few reasons why.
- Just 3 ingredients. All you need is vodka, Peach Schnapps, and orange juice. Plus ice, of course!
- Perfect for any occasion. This cocktail is perfect for summer but it’s also just a lovely cocktail to prepare for brunch, wedding showers, or a chill girls’ night in.
- Lovely balance of flavor. This drink is quite boozy – there’s an equal amount of orange juice to the Peach Schnapps and vodka – but it doesn’t taste that way. The peach and orange flavors really shine through here!
What Is A Fuzzy Navel?
A fuzzy navel is a popular cocktail made with Peach Schnapps, orange juice, and vodka. It’s fruity, refreshing, and not too sweet. This frozen fuzzy navel features all those classic ingredients, just blended with ice.
The funny name was invented in the 1980s as a marketing ploy for DeKuyper Peachtree Schnapps. Fuzzy refers to peach fuzz, and navel refers to orange. Some also refer to this cocktail as a hairy navel.
What You’ll Need
Here are the ingredients you’ll need, plus optional garnishes. See the recipe card below for measurements.
- Ice – either crush for a frozen fuzzy navel or serve with ice cubes.
- Orange juice – I use orange juice without pulp added. However, feel free to use any orange juice you prefer.
- Peach Schnapps – Adds the fruity peach flavor to the drink.
- Vodka – Any vodka you enjoy drinking will work.
- Garnishes – I like to add some orange slices and mint leaves when serving.
How To Make A Frozen Fuzzy Navel
You can make a fuzzy navel drink in just a few minutes. Here’s how.
- Blend. Blend all ingredients (excluding any garnishes) until smooth.
- Enjoy. Pour into glasses, garnish as desired, and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- Here are a few tips for making the best fuzzy navel cocktail.
- Use a tamper in the blender. If you have trouble with your blender not being strong enough to blend through the drink, use a tamper! Most blenders come with one. You just mix the ingredients as it blends to help it get the job done.
- Make a sweeter cocktail. If you want your drink a bit sweeter, you can add a tablespoon of white granulated sugar at a time until it reaches your preference. I’ve never had to add more than two.
- Enhance the orange flavor. These are not an overly powerful drink as far as flavor is concerned. It’s literally perfect, in my opinion. However, if you want more of an orange kick, add some peeled orange slices to the mix before blending and you’ll get that kick of flavor you desire.
- Avoid adding extra liquid. Do not add to the amount of liquid or you won’t have a slushie anymore – unless you’re ok with it being super thin, then do your thing!
Be sure to enjoy your fuzzy navel drink immediately after preparing it, as it’ll be quick to melt. I don’t recommend making these in advance and trying to freeze them.
I like to garnish mine with orange slices and some mint and you can drink them with or without a straw, as you prefer.
More Frozen Cocktail Recipes
- Frozen Blueberry Margarita
- Boozy Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Easy Pina Colada
- Frozen Dirty Shirley
- Frozen Dirty Dr Pepper
- 4 Cups Ice
- 1 Cup Orange Juice
- ½ Cup Peach Schnapps
- ½ Cup Vodka
- Orange or Peach Slices optional garnish
- Mint Leaves optional garnish
- Combine all the ingredients, except the garnishes, in a powerful blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with an orange wedge and mint leaf, if desired, and enjoy!