The holidays bring a lot of festive and fun energy that will get you to at least one get-together or party for Christmas. And, what better way to celebrate the joys of Christmas than with these Gingerbread Jello Shots! They are deliciously sweet and spiced with a gingerbread simple syrup, Bailey’s Irish Cream, Butterscotch schnapps, and vodka
Holiday Jello Shots
You won’t be able to get enough of these simple and easy-to-make shots. I love bringing this to all kinds of events during the holidays and they are always a hit! All you need to make is a quick gingerbread syrup, and the jello mixture to make these, then top with your favorite garnishes to decorate.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Gingerbread Simple Syrup: This is simple to make and only requires water, sugar, Molasses, ground ginger, and ground cinnamon.
Alcohol: I like to use a combination of Baileys Irish Cream, Butterscotch Schnapps, and Vodka.
How To Make Gingerbread Jello Shots
Step 1. In a medium saucepan, add in the water and sugar, and cook mix continuously on medium heat until dissolved. Put in the molasses, ground ginger, and cinnamon until fully incorporated. Cook for another 2-3 minutes before placing it aside.
Step 2. Add 2 cups of water into a medium-sized pot. Add the Baileys liqueur, Butterscotch Schnapps, vodka, gingerbread simple syrup, and cold water in a large bowl and combine until fully incorporated. Add in the 4 gelatin packets and whisk until dissolved. Add in the 2 cups of hot water and combine. Pour the mixture into cups and place in the fridge to chill for 2-4 hours until fully set. Top with whipped cream and little gingerbread cookies just before serving. Enjoy!
What Toppings Taste The Best With This Recipe?
I love decorating recipes to make them even more festive. You can use some of the options below for a cute way to garnish these incredible shots.
- Whipped Cream
- Cinnamon/cinnamon stick
- Gingersnap or gingerbread cookies
- Chocolate shavings
- Holiday Sprinkles
Tips & Tricks
- I prefer using plastic shot cups for easy clean up and disposal. You can use ones with lids for easy storage as well.
- You can make these shots ahead of time and store them in an airtight container in the fridge until you are ready to serve. I would wait to add any toppings until you are ready to serve.
More Gingerbread Recipes:
- Gingerbread Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Gingerbread Cheesecake
- White Chocolate Gingerbread Balls
- Gingerbread Cream Horns (Air Fryer)
Gingerbread Jello Shot
Gingerbread Jello Shots:
- 1/2 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 1/4 cup Butterscotch Schnapps
- 1/2 cup Vodka
- 1/4 cup Gingerbread Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Water Cold
- 4 envelopes Knox Gelatin
- 2 cups Water Boiling
Gingerbread Syrup Recipe:
- Add the water and sugar into a medium saucepan. Turn the heat to medium and continuously stir until all the sugar is dissolved. Then add the molasses, ground ginger and cinnamon then stir until combined. Continue to heat for 2-3 more minutes, making sure all ingredients are well melded. Set aside.
Gingerbread Jello Shots Recipe:
- In a medium size pot, boil 2 cups of water. Grab a large bowl and combine the Baileys liqueur, Butterscotch Schnapps, vodka, gingerbread simple syrup, and cold water. Stir the mixture well. Using a whisk, stir in 4 Knox gelatin packets until all the powder is dissolved. Pour the 2 cups of boiling water in and continue to mix.
- Now pour the gingerbread jello shot mixture into the jello shot cups. Chill in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours until all the gelatin is set. Just before serving, top with whipped cream and small gingerbread cookiesEnjoy!