This gingerbread cheesecake is a delicious, seasonal treat that’s great for the holiday season. It’s also easy to make and doesn’t require too many ingredients! This recipe will. have you making Gingerbread Cheesecake all year long.
Gingerbread Cheesecake is so good! It will take a bit longer than your normal cheesecake, although, it is well worth it. The wonderful blend of ingredients in this recipe creates such a delicious flavor and creamy texture. You can top this recipe with whipped cream and garnish with cute Gingerbread Men. If you try this recipe and love it, I recommend making these Gingerbread cakes with Cream Cheese Frosting or these White Chocolate Gingerbread Balls along with this recipe or to continue trying tasty gingerbread recipes.
- Cookies- You will need gingersnap cookie crumbs for this recipe.
- Sugar- Sugar is always used in the best recipes.
- Cinnamon- This will be used for additional flavor.
- Butter- Use unsalted to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Cream Cheese- Use softened or room temperature.
- Brown Sugar- This will add richness to the dessert.
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Sour Cream- This will cut the richness of the dessert in half.
- Molasses- This will be used as an additional sweetener.
- Vanilla- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Ginger- This will be used for additional flavoring.
- Ground Nutmeg- This will add an amazing aroma to the cheesecake.
- Ground Cloves- This will be for additional flavoring.
- Eggs- Use these at room temperature.
- Heavy Whipping Cream- This will help with the consistency of the whipped topping.
- Powdered Sugar- This sugar is the best for homemade icing.
- Gingerbread- You can buy small gingerbread men for garnish.
How to make Gingerbread Cheesecake
To start, set the oven to 325 degrees and use parchment paper to line a springform pan. Next, use Pam baking spray to grease the sides of the pan.
First, in a small bowl, add the gingerbread cookie crumbs, sugar, cinnamon, and butter, and combine.
Secondly, pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan and press gently into the bottom, and slightly up the sides.
Thirdly, Place in the oven for 10 minutes at 325 degrees. Next, remove it from the oven and set it at room temperature to cool.
Next, cover the entire outside, and around the pan with aluminum foil to keep the batter from mixing with the water bath and set aside.
Cheesecake filling/ topping Directions:
To start, turn the heat of the oven down to 300 degrees.
First, in an electric mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, sugar, and flour and combine at low speed. Use a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl to combine all of the batters.
Secondly, while continuing at low speed, add in the sour cream molasses vanilla, and spices and combine, until fully incorporated.
One at a time, add in the eggs and combine at low speed. Use a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl again.
Next, add the cheesecake into the prepared crust, and use a spatula to evenly spread.
Next, place the prepared baking pan into a larger one and fill it with warm water, about halfway.
After, place the pans into the oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes at 300 degrees.
First, switch the heat off and allow the cheesecake to sit in the oven with the door closed for 30 minutes, open the oven door slightly, and allow the cheesecake, to sit in the oven for another 30 minutes.
Finally, take the cheesecake out of the oven and place it into the fridge for 5-6 hours to chill, or overnight for the best results.
To finish, check in that the cheesecake is firm and cooled, you can add the moose topping once the cheesecake is firm.
To start, add the cooled whipping cream, powdered sugar, molasses, and spices into an electric mixer with a mixing bowl and combine, until stiff peaks form, then set aside.
First, place the cream cheese into another mixing bowl, And using the electric mixer combine until smooth.
Secondly, adding the whipped cream and using a spatula, fold, gently into the cream cheese, until fully incorporated.
Thirdly, use a spoon to add the mousse on top of the cooled cheesecake. Use an offset spatula to spread evenly on top.
Finally, place the cheesecake into the fridge until firm for about 1-2 hours. Remove from the fridge and take out of the springform pan.
First, the cooled whipping cream, powdered sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla into an electric mixer and combine until stiff peaks form.
Next, place the mixture into a piping bag with a round piping tip.
To finish, place dollops of the whipped cream around the edges of the cheesecake, then place it into the fridge until you are ready to serve
Finally, top so finished cheesecake with small gingerbread men to garnish.
Serve and Enjoy!
Can you freeze gingerbread cheesecake?
Yes, you can freeze gingerbread cheesecake. Make sure to properly store the cheesecake. You will want to place it into an air-tight container.
Best way to Cleanly Cut Cheesecake?
There are two ways you can allow for a perfectly clean cut of cheesecake. The first method is using a sharp kitchen knife dipped in warmed tap water and cutting. Alternatively, is the use of dental floss or clean wire to make your cuts.
More Gingerbread Recipes:
- Gingerbread Sandwich Cookies
- The Best Gingerbread Loaf
- Gingerbread Bundt Cake
- Pumpkin Gingerbread Whoopie Pies
- 1 3/4 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 TBSP butter melted
- 3 8 oz packages of cream cheese(softened)
- 1 C brown sugar packed
- 3 TBSP flour
- 3/4 C sour cream
- 1/4 C molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 4 large eggs
Mousse Topping Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 C heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 3 TBSP molasses
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 package 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
Whipped Cream Ingredients:
- 3/4 C heavy whipping cream
- 6 TBSP powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Small gingerbread men
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Line springform pan with parchment paper
- Spray the sides of the springform pan with non-stick spray
- Combine the crushed gingerbread cookie crumbs, sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter together in a small bowl.
- Press this mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the pan..
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Using the aluminum foil cover the outside and around the pan to protect the batter from the water bath. *
- Set aside.
Cheesecake filling/ topping Directions:
- Reduce oven heat to 300 degrees.
- Mix the cream cheese, sugar, and flour in the mixing bowl using the electric mixer on low speed.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl to get all of the batters,
- Continue to mix at low speed while adding the sour cream, molasses, vanilla, and spices until well combined.
- Add eggs, one egg at a time, continuing to beat at low speed.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Carefully pour the cheesecake filling into the crust and spread it evenly using an offset spatula.
- Put the aluminum foil-covered springform pan inside the larger pan. Fill the pan with warm water to reach halfway up the sides of the pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour 20 minutes. Turn off the heat. Keep the cheesecake in the oven with the door closed for 30 minutes. Crack the oven door leaving the cheesecake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the baked cheesecake from the oven. Transfer the cheesecake to the refrigerator for about 5-6 hours to chill (or overnight.) Check to see if the cheesecake has chilled and is firm. Once the firm makes the mousse topping.
- Using the electric mixer with a mixing bowl add the chilled heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, molasses, and spices. Whip until stiff peaks form.
- Set aside.
- Using the electric mixer with the second mixing bowl beat the cream cheese until it is smooth.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese until well combined.
- Scoop the mousse on top of the chilled cheesecake. Spread the mousse over the cheesecake in an even layer with the offset spatula.
- Transfer the cheesecake to the refrigerator for another 1-2 hours until the mousse is firm.
- Take out of the fridge and remove from the springform pan.
- With the electric mixer and bowl add the chilled heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla whipping until stiff peaks form. Scoop the prepared whipped cream into the piping bag fitted with a round piping tip.
- Pipe dollops of the whipped cream along the edges of the cheesecake.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Place gingerbread men on the cheesecake as garnish.
- 9 inch springform pan
- Parchment paper
- Non stick spray
- small bowl
- Aluminum foil
- Electric mixer w/ 2 mixing bowls
- Rubber spatula
- Large pan (fits the 9-inch springform pan)
- offset spatula
- Large piping bag
- Pipping tip