These super cute Grinch Fruit Kabobs are an easy Christmas snack! You can whip them up with the kids for a fun afternoon treat or make them for a holiday celebration or school party.
Grinch Kabobs Recipe
Grinch Fruit Kabobs are festive treats that bring the spirit of Christmas. Made by skewering green grapes, banana slices, strawberries, and a mini marshmallow, they resemble the iconic character, Grinch, from the beloved Dr. Seuss story. They not only add a splash of vibrant colors to your holiday table but also serve as a fun way to encourage kids and even adults to enjoy their fruits. Easy to prepare and packed with nutritional goodness, Grinch Kabobs are the perfect choice for Holiday cheer.
What You’ll Need
- Green grapes- The grapes represent the Grinch’s face. While there is nothing to make a face, the kids can take cookie frosting in the small decorating tubes and draw his expression on the front.
- Bananas- The banana represents the rim of the Santa hat.
- Strawberries- The strawberry is the Santa hat on top of the Grinch’s head
- Mini marshmallows- The mini marshmallow is the puff ball on top of the Santa hat.
How to Make Grinch Fruit Kabobs
Just a few easy steps to make this fun Holiday fruit snack for kids!
- Prep the Fruit: Cut the tops off the grapes and the strawberries.
- Assemble: Place a grape on the end of a toothpick. Then slide a banana down on the grape. Add a strawberry. Then add the marshmallow.
Variations For Grinch Fruit Kabobs?
There are many ways to add your own personal touch to the Grinch fruit kabobs recipe. Here are some variations you can try with this healthy snack:
- Use different types of fruit: Instead of grapes, bananas, and strawberries, try using other green fruits like kiwi or honeydew melon for the Grinch’s face. You can also experiment with different types of fresh fruit, like red fruit for the Santa hat, such as raspberries or cherries.
- Add a dip: Instead of serving the kabobs on their own, you can also provide a healthy dip like yogurt or peanut butter for people to dip their fruit in.
- Make it a group activity: This recipe is perfect for getting kids involved in the kitchen. Let them help assemble their own kabobs and get creative with different expressions on the Grinch’s face.
Can I make these ahead of time?
Yes, you can assemble the fruit kabobs a day ahead and store them in the refrigerator. Just make sure to cover them with plastic wrap or place them in an airtight container to keep them fresh.
- Use wooden skewers if you prefer a longer kabob. Just make sure to cut the fruits into larger pieces so they don’t slide down the skewer.
- You can use regular-sized marshmallows on the fruit skewers if that’s what you have on hand. Just cut them into smaller pieces to fit on the toothpicks.
- Change up any of the fruit to your liking making sure to use the same colors.
More Grinch Treats For Your Holiday Party
Grinch Fruit Kabobs
- 30 green grapes
- 2 bananas cut into slices
- 30 strawberries
- 20 mini marshmallows
- Cut the tops of your grapes and the tops off your strawberries.
- Place each grape on the end of each tooth pick.
- Slide down a slice of banana on top of each grape.
- Place a strawberry on each toothpick on top of the banana slice.
- Lastly, add a mini marshmallow to the top of your tooth pick. Enjoy!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 30 Toothpicks