Grinch Jello Shots
What’s Christmas without a Grinch? These festive and fun Grinch Jello Shots are the perfect way to celebrate the holiday season! Made with just a few simple ingredients, these shots are easy and quick to make – and they taste delicious too!
Grinch Jello Shots will Make Your Heart Swell
We have the perfect recipe for your next holiday get together. Grinch Jello Shots are festive, and delicious! They’re easy to make and will be a hit at any gathering. You can even add them to your Christmas dinner party menu!
These jello shots are made with vodka so they pack a punch of flavor that everyone is sure to love. The best part about these jello shots is that they’re green just like the Grinch himself! Your guests won’t believe their eyes when they see these bright green treats on the table this year. And once they taste them, neither will you!
What is a Jello Shot?
A jello shot is a drink that is made from gelatin and vodka. The gelatin sets up and firms around the vodka to create a shot-sized square or cube. Jello shots are often brightly colored and can be flavored in many different ways. They are popular party drinks because they are easy to make, quick to serve, and delicious!
Important Ingredients You Will Need To Make Grinch Jello Shots
- Absolut lime – Lime vodka is best, if you can find it. You can use regular flavored vodka in a pinch.
- Triple sec– This is a typical alcohol that goes in cocktails. It is known for being included in margaritas. It is tart and is perfect for a shot like this.
- Gelatin Powder– While many Jello shots use flavored Jello, you are using unflavored gelatin.
- Red Candy Hearts– You need the red hearts to remind you of the Grinch. Seeing the hearts will make your own heart grow 3 sizes.
Can I Use Lime Jello Instead of Gelatin?
You can use lime Jello instead of gelatin in this Grinch Jello Shot recipe. It will change the flavor of the shot because Jello has sugar and flavoring where gelatin does not.
You might find that you have to play with the amount of Jello to use in order to get the flavor you want. Also, you will not to add the green food dye.
How to Make Grinch Jello Shots
Step 1- Gelatin.
In a bowl with hot water, add in the gelatin and allow it to dissolve, then cool.
Step 2- Liquor.
Pour the Vodka and Triple Sec into the gelatin and combine.
Step 3- Serving.
Pour the mixture into the shot glasses halfway and set into the fridge for 4 hours to chill. Top with whipped cream and red candy hearts. Enjoy!
How to Store Grinch Jello Shots?
Store in a sealed container in the fridge. Grinch Jello Shots can last up to one week if stored properly.
More Jello Shot Recipes
- Starburst Jello Shots
- Gummy Bear Jello Shots
- Christmas Sugar Cookie Jello Shots
- Unicorn Jello Shots
- Candy Cane Jello Shots
Grinch Jello Shots
- 4 oz. Absolute lime
- 4 oz. Triple sec
- 4 oz. Gelatin powder
- 8 oz. hot water
- 2 drops lime green gel food coloring
- Garnish with whipped cream and red candy hearts
- Add gelatin to hot water, let dissolve, and set aside. Leave to cool.
- Add vodka and triple sec to gelatin and stir.
- Fill shot glasses halfway and place in the refrigerator for 4 hours or until set firm.
- Garnish with whipped cream and red candy hearts. Enjoy!