This copycat Chick Fil A Peppermint Milkshake tastes just as good as the real deal. With the freedom to make it at home, you can enjoy it anytime instead of waiting for this tasty seasonal item to pop up on the menu! It’s creamy, rich, and bursting with peppermint flavor.
The Best Copycat Chick Fil A Milkshake
We love going to Chick Fil A. My kids enjoy their waffle fries more than any other fast food side. However, takeout can get expensive when paying for an entire family. This is why I like copycat recipes. You can still enjoy your favorite treats without breaking the bank. This peppermint milkshake is a fantastic example.
It’s delicious and has just the right amount of festive peppermint flavor. Even though it is a seasonal milkshake that pops up around the holiday season, sometimes I have a craving for it when I want a cold treat in the middle of the summer. That’s what makes recipes like this one so special. You can whip it up at home whenever you want! Plus, you have control over the peppermint flavor to your preference. So, if you want more or less peppermint – you can adjust it to your liking.
What You’ll Need
Believe it or not, you do not need to make fancy or expensive purchases. The Chick Fil A milkshake ingredients are cheap and easy to find.
- Vanilla Ice Cream: Use your favorite brand and variety.
- Whole Milk
- Peppermint Extract
- Red Food Coloring: You will only need a drop of this for the classic “peppermint” color.
- Chocolate Bar: Ghiradelli is my go-to. Make sure it is 60% cocoa for best results.
- Candy Canes: Crushed for a garnish on top.
- Whipped Cream: I like to use the canned whipped topping as it works best for milkshakes.
- Maraschino Cherries
How to Make Chick Fil A Peppermint Milkshake
If you have a good blender, then you can make the best milkshakes at home. This Chick Fil A peppermint milkshake is ready to enjoy in minutes.
- Step 1. In a large blender, combine vanilla ice cream, milk, and peppermint extract. Pulse until creamy and smooth.
- Step 2. Add about 4-6 drops of red food coloring and mix thoroughly. You may add more if you would like a deeper pink.
- Step 3. Shave bits of the chocolate bar with a cheese grater.
- Step 4. Pour the milkshake into glasses and add the chocolate shavings. Stir until combined.
- Step 5. Top each peppermint milkshake with whipped topping, crushed candy canes, and a cherry.
- Step 6. Serve with a straw, and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- Customize the toppings and add extra chocolate shavings, semi-sweet chocolate chips or sprinkles to make it fun.
- If you are a true peppermint lover, you can even use peppermint ice cream. I also highly recommend making this copycat Chick Fil A milkshake with chocolate at least once. It’s a very tasty variation.
- Serve in regular glasses, sundae glasses, or even mason jars.
- Add an extra splash of milk if you believe the consistency is too thick.
- Candy canes are seasonal. If you want to make this outside of Christmas time, then you can use any kind of hard peppermint candy or chips of peppermint bark as a substitute.
- This isn’t a recipe that you store. Make just enough and enjoy immediately.
More Milkshake Recipes
Chick Fil A Peppermint Milkshake
- Add vanilla ice cream, milk, and peppermint extract to a large blend. Pulse until fully combined and smooth.
- Add in 4-6 drops of red food coloring and mix until smooth. Add more food coloring if desired for a deeper shade of pink.
- Use a cheese grater to shave bits of the chocolate bar.
- Pour milkshakes into glass jars. Mix in chocolate shavings. Top with whipped topping and maraschino cherry and serve with a straw.