Time to indulge in a delicious, Boozy Chocolate Cherry Milkshake! This rich and creamy shake is perfect for any chocolate cherry lover. Made with chocolate cherry ice cream, and a splash of vanilla vodka, this is one indulgent treat you won’t want to miss. Serve it up in a tall glass and enjoy!
Boozy Chocolate Cherry Milkshake
This Boozy Chocolate Cherry Milkshake is so good, and it’s the perfect drink to serve at this time of year when boxes full of chocolates are everywhere. The rimmed glass just makes your celebration more festive! You can enjoy one for yourself or share with friends – either way you’re going love how delicious these flavors come together in a tangy-cherry milkshake.
Key Ingredients You Need for This Recipe
- Milk– I think whole milk works the best but 2% can be used.
- Rum Chata- This is the booze to the boozy milkshake.
- Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream- If you want the cherry without the chocolate, you can use a cherry ice cream instead of chocolate cherry.
- Chocolate Almond Bark – This is what decorates the glass. The almond bark holds the cookies in place on the rim of the glass.
In a microwave safe bowl, melt the almond bark. Meanwhile, place the sprinkles in a shallow dish. Dip the glass into the melted chocolate and then into the sprinkles. Place the glass in the freezer.
In a pitcher, combine the milkshake ingredients. Remove the glass from the freezer and add the milkshake to the glass. Add whipped cream and a cherry on top. Serve and enjoy.
Variations to this Boozy Cherry Milkshake
Use a different ice cream flavor, like cherry ice cream, vanilla or strawberry.
Add a little more vodka for a stronger drink or use a different alcohol, like rum, bourbon or whiskey.
You can also use non-alcoholic cherry extract for a mocktail version.
Rim the glasses with chocolate shavings or cookies.
Add in frozen cherries or maraschino cherries to the milkshake.
How to Double this Boozy Chocolate Cherry Milkshake
This recipe easily doubles – just use two scoops of ice cream and add more alcohol to taste. You can also make a larger batch by using a quart of ice cream and doubling all the ingredients. Simply multiply everything by two.
More Boozy Milkshakes
Boozy Chocolate Cherry Milkshake
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Rum Chata
- 2 scoops Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream
- 2 squares Chocolate Almond Bark melted
- Sprinkle Mix of Choice
- Redi-Whip Whipped Cream to top
- Maraschino Cherries to top
- In a medium shallow dish, melt the Chocolate Almond Bark in the Microwave for 30 seconds, stopping half way to stir. (Depending on your microwave, time may vary, just continue until the chocolate is completely melted) Place the Sprinkle Mix in a shallow dish, and dip the Milkshake Glass in the melted Chocolate, and immediately in the Sprinkle Mix, to rim the Glass. Place the Glass in the freezer to set the Chocolate.
- In a large pitcher, place the Milk, Rum Chata, and Ice Cream, and stir with a Wooden Spoon until well mixed, and thick. Remove the Glass from the freezer, and pour the Milkshake into the Glass, filling the Glass. Add a generous amount of the Whipped Cream on top of the Milkshake, and place a Maraschino Cherry on top. Serve, and Enjoy!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.