I just love Owls and my boys do as well. We have several owls hanging around our house and they are so much fun to watch and listen to! This Apple Owl Fruit Snack is such a fun Fall/Winter after school idea and you will be surprised at how easy it is to put together. We love easy to make fruit animals and it’s a fun way to get the kids to eat their fruit!
I am always coming up with new ideas for fruit animal snacks for my boys. Anything to get then to eat a healthy snack!
Apple Owl Snack Ingredients:
- Fruit- apple, Mandarin oranges or clementines.
- Decorating- marshmallows, chocolate chips and pretzel rod.
This is super easy to make and the kids will love it!
How To Make Apple Owl Fruit Snack
- Cut a green apple in half. Use one half for the head and wings. Make the ears from scraps.
- Cut a marshmallow in half for the eyes and use chocolate chips for the pupils.
- Use mandarin oranges or clementines for the beak and feet and use a pretzel rod for the branch.
Other Easy to Make Fruit Animals
Apple Owl Fruit Snack
- 1 green apple
- Mandarin oranges (or clementines)
- 1 marshmallow
- chocolate chips
- 1 pretzel rod
- Cut a green apple in half. Take the other half and slice half of it for the wings. Cut a small circle for the head using a kitchen knife. Make the ears from scraps.
- Cut a marshmallow in half for the eyes. Place on chocolate chips for the pupils.
- Use mandarin oranges or clementines for the beak and feet. Place a pretzel rod under the feet.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
13 comments on “Apple Owl Fruit Snack”
Thank you for an adorable idea! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures
Oh my! That is cute!
That is soo cute:) I love fun snack food for kids that is 'whole food'. Pinned!