We love fruit art and I thought it would be cute to make this Peachy Parrot Fruit Snack in hopes my boys would eat peaches. My boys have only liked peaches with ice cream in the past and never have wanted to eat them by themselves. This snack changed their minds! They absolutely loved it and said that their new favorite fruit is now a peach!
Peach Fruit Art For Kids
We live in Georgia which is the Peach State and we are almost at the end of our peach season. I have heard recently that Georgia has produced more blueberries in the last couple of years than peaches though. I doubt that will change our Peach State status but it was an interesting to hear. We have too many “Peach” streets and “peach” names so I am sure they wouldn’t want to change those to blueberry lane, etc…!
Peachy Parrot Fruit Snack Ingredients
- Fruit- peaches
- Decorating- marshmallows, chocolate chips and pretzel stick.
How To Make Peachy Parrot Fruit Snack
- Cut the peaches in half and use half for the body, half for the head and the rest for wings and tail.
- Place one half on a plate for the body. Place the other half on the plate for the head.
- Take another other half and cut out a beak, top feathers, and feet.
- Use square marshmallow for the eyes and chocolate chips for the pupils.
- Place the parrot on a pretzel stick.
That’s it! We hope your kids enjoy it as much as mine did!
Other Easy To Make Fruit Animals
Peachy Parrot Fruit Snack
- 2 peaches
- 1 square marshmallow
- chocolate chips
- pretzel stick
- Cut the peaches in half. Place one half on a plate for the body. Place the other half on the plate for the head.
- Take another peach half and slice it. Place the slices on the sides for the wings. Take the other half and cut it in half again. Cut thin slices to make the feathers on the bottom. Take the other half and cut out a beak, top feathers, and feet.
- Cut the eyes out of the square marshmallow with kitchen scissors. Place on 2 chocolate chips for the pupils. Place the parrot on a pretzel stick.