Incredibly Moist Pumpkin Bread is the most delicious bread you will ever make. Everyone always raves about this recipe and these loaves also make great gifts for the Holidays. Add nuts, raisins, chocolate chips of just enjoy it plain. This super moist Fall quick bread is a keeper!
We love making quick bread recipes and have a lot that you may also love including our Cranberry Lemon Zucchini Bread, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread, Cream Cheese Banana Bread, and Hummingbird Bread.
I have been making this pumpkin bread recipe for years! It’s seriously the BEST pumpkin bread, very moist and loaded with wonderful pumpkin and Fall flavors. Your home will smell so good while it’s baking. You will get two loaves from this delicious quick bread recipe, so you can have one for your family and give the other to a friend, neighbor, or teacher.
Moist Pumpkin Bread
Ingredients you will need:
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- ground allspice
- baking powder
- pumpkin purée
- vegetable oil
How to Make Moist Pumpkin Bread
Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, oil and water. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
Using three greased 8×4-in. loaf pans. pour in the batter. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and make sure to not over-bake! Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
What makes Pumpkin Bread Moist?
- The amount of pumpkin plays a huge roll in perfecting moist pumpkin bread and adding a bit more pumpkin adds extra flavor and texture without leaving the bread too soft or mushy.
- Oil is also a big factor with keeping the bread moist. With this recipe, the pumpkin and spices overpower the oil flavor and the oil keeps the texture incredibly moist for a long time.
How to Store Pumpkin Bread?
- Store the bread in the loaf pan and wrap it in aluminum foil, or store in an air-tight container.
- This bread will keep in the fridge for up to 10 days. When you want a slice, just pop it in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds and it’s good as new! I can pretty much guarantee that this bread will not last even close to 10 days because it’s SO GOOD!
Can you Freeze Pumpkin Bread?
Yes! Pumpkin bread freezes well. Make sure to cool at room temperature, then wrap the loaves well in plastic wrap making it as airtight as possible. Wrap in foil over the plastic wrap or place the plastic wrapped loaf in a freezer-safe Ziploc bag.
- Cover the loaves loosely with a sheet of aluminum foil if the tops look like they are browning a bit too much for the last 15 minutes of baking.
- Add in nuts, raisins or chocolate chips. However, we prefer this recipe just the way it is.
Incredibly Moist Pumpkin Bread
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 15 oz pumpkin purée
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Using another bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, oil and water.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into three greased 8x4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Do not overbake.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
More Pumpkin Recipes you will love..
Delicious Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
109 comments on “Incredibly Moist Pumpkin Bread”
This is the pumpkin bread I have ever made! So very moist and delicious. Everytime I make it I get lots of compliments on how good it is. I will never use another recipe.
I did add pecans and chocolate chips but it is the best pumpkin bread I ever ate. My girlfriend and her mother loved it as well and wanted the recipe.
Thank you for sharing this recipe. I made this the weekend before thanksgiving as part of my goodie boxes I send to my Kids and grandkids. The bread was amazing and so very moist. The only change I made was I used a maple glaze to cover the loaf with and added chopped walnuts to the bread and on top of the loaf. I’ll be making this again this weekend and if I don’t mess up trying to post I’ll tag your site. Thanks again and Merry Christmas.
Best pumpkin bread I’ve ever made, very moist.
This is a great recipe. Bread is vert moist. I added pecans to the batter
Love this recipe. It’s the best. Can you make muffins out of this, and if so how many do you think it would make?
this recipe is AMAZING!!!, everybody in my family loved it so much!! is so moist and so good !! thank you!!
Very good and moist
This is very good. I changed it up a little. I only used half the sugar, plus used 1 cup of applesauce instead of the oil. Was still amazing!!
This is my go to recipe for pumpkin bread! Deliciously moist and freezes perfectly. I get asked to make this every fall by friends and family. Seriously THE BEST EVER!!!!