This decadent and moist Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread recipe is perfect for fall! From snack to breakfast or even dessert, this will become a family favorite and staple recipe for years to come.
The Best Pumpkin Bread Recipe
What’s better than a slice of delicious, freshly baked pumpkin bread? Pumpkin bread with chocolate chips! If you love pumpkin, then you are in for a wonderful treat with this recipe. It takes minimal time to prepare, and even kids enjoy it! The addition of chocolate chips certainly helps with that.
This chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe may take some time to bake, but it’s worth it! Besides, your kitchen will smell of cinnamon and pumpkin. For me, that’s an amazing bonus! A slice of this pumpkin bread with a nice hot cup of coffee is absolute heaven. If you love quick bread recipes, you have to try Chocolate Chip Banana Bread and Easy Cinnamon Bread.
What You’ll Need
If you like to bake, I’ll bet a majority of these ingredients are in your pantry right now. Even though pumpkin is considered a fall flavor, you can find canned pumpkin in the baking aisle at the grocery store all year round.
- Flour: All-purpose flour is all you need here!
- Baking Soda
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – this consists of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves.
- Eggs: You can use eggs straight from the refrigerator or at room temperature.
- Sugar: this recipe calls for granulated sugar.
- Brown Sugar: I like to use light brown sugar.
- Pumpkin Puree: Make sure it’s pure pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling.
- Vegetable Oil – feel free to replace with coconut oil if you prefer.
- Chocolate Chips: I use semi-sweet chocolate chips for this pumpkin bread recipe.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
You don’t have to be a professional baker to execute the best pumpkin chocolate chip banana bread recipe. It’s so easy!
- Prep Oven and Pan. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease your 9×5 loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. You can also add parchment paper, but that is optional.
- Mix Dry Ingredients. Whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix Wet Ingredients. Whisk the eggs, sugar, and brown sugar together in a separate bowl. Then, fold in the pumpkin puree and vegetable oil.
- Combine. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. The batter will be lumpy.
- Add Chips. Gently fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour Batter. Slowly pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Make sure it is spread evenly. If desired, sprinkle a few extra chocolate chips on top.
- Bake. Bake in the oven for 65-75 minutes. Start checking the pumpkin bread after 65 minutes with a toothpick.
- Cool and Serve. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan completely before removing it. Slice and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- Don’t over-mix the pumpkin bread batter. It will affect the texture. There will be some lumps and that’s normal.
- Make an aluminum foil tent if you find that the top of the bread is cooking a lot faster than the middle. This will prevent over-browning or burning the pumpkin chocolate chip bread.
- Baking Pan: Instead of a loaf pan, bake this batter in a 13×9 pan to cut it into smaller portions or make mini loaves. This will give you more pieces to share. If you do this, make sure to adjust the baking time, as it may be done sooner. Use a toothpick to check the doneness. It’s ready when it comes out clean after being inserted into the center of the pumpkin bread.
- Add ins: sometimes we like to add nuts like pecans or walnuts.
- Storing: Place the pumpkin loaf in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag for up to 4 days. To Freeze, wrap in heavy foil or plastic wrap and then place in a sealed container or zip-lock freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Fluff Dip
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin Poke Cake
- Frosted Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Brownies
- Banana Pumpkin Muffins
- White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Latte
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Line a 8×4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin spice and salt. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl add the eggs, brown sugar and granulated sugar and mix until combined. Add the pumpkin puree, pour in the oil and mix again until completely combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold together with a spatula or wooden spoon until you can no longer see streaks of flour. Lastly, add in the chocolate chips and gently fold to combine. Take care not to over mix.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared loaf pan and place in the oven for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Set a timer to add a loose layer of foil halfway through the baking time so that the top of the loaf doesn’t become too brown.
- When the Pumpkin Bread has baked, remove from the oven and leave to cool in the loaf pan before turning out onto a wire rack.