Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread – Easy and Moist
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread is my all-time favorite fall treat. This is perfect for breakfast or a quick snack. Your whole house will smell of pumpkin spice and cinnamon!
We’re head over heels for pumpkin right now. You’ve got to check out our Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting, Pumpkin Bread Cheesecake and our Pumpkin Mousse. These recipes are so good. But before you check those out, take a look at this one.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
The combination of moist pumpkin spice bread and chocolate chips is fantastic. Everyone always wants this recipe and it’s so easy to make! I love a slice of this sweet bread right out the oven when it’s warm and the chocolate is melted. So good with a cup of coffee and perfect for Fall!
How to make Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread?
Ingredients you will need:
- Baking Soda
- Pumpkin Spice
- Brown Sugar
- Pumpkin Puree
- Vegetable Oil
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
This is a basic recipe with most items you probably have on hand. Everything gets mixed together, along with a generous amount of chocolate chips, then the bread is baked into a super moist pumpkin bread loaded with chocolate – perfection!
Do not over-mix. This batter will be lumpy and that is totally OK.
If you find the top of your pumpkin bread it starting to brown quickly, long before the middle is done, make an aluminum foil tent.
You can make smaller pieces to share by baking this batter in a 13×9 dish instead of a loaf pan. Make sure if you do this to adjust the time and take the bread out when you can pull a toothpick out of the center, clean.
Enjoy your Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread. If you want even more delicious Fall desserts, we have a huge selection to choose from over on this Pinterest board.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour divided
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin puree
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray 9x5 loaf pan with non-stick spray and optional, line with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 ½ cups flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar and brown sugar.
- Add pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, vanilla, and milk, and gently fold the ingredients together using a rubber spatula, careful not to overmix- the batter will be lumpy.
- In a small bowl, toss chocolate chips in remaining ¼ cup flour.
- Add chips and flour to the bowl, and fold the chips into the batter gently, until just combined.
- Pour batter into your loaf pan, and if desired, sprinkle a few extra chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 55-75 minutes, checking after 55 minutes for doneness in the center. If the top of the bread begins to brown too quickly, you can tent it with foil.
- Once finished, allow to cool completely before removing from the pan. Slice into 10 equal slices.