If you are looking for a simple recipe to make for the family, then this is for you. This Slow Cooker Bean Soup is a flavorful soup to enjoy for a chilly day or a quick meal after a busy day. This soup recipe is super simple and will warm up your tummies.
Slow Cooker Bean Soup
This bean soup recipe is absolutely delicious! Not many people will just enjoy soup for dinner, but this recipe may change your mind. The recipe is so easy to follow along with and has a wonderful blend of ingredients. You will definitely want to save this one!
Having a variety of different soup recipes is always a must! They work great in a pinch, there are usually leftovers, and soup is always better the day after since the flavors have had time to marry together. One of my family’s favorite is an old-fashioned classic, Chicken Noodle Soup! Another favorite is my Tex-Mex and Rice Soup! Of course, who doesn’t love a hearty Ham and Potato Soup?
- Bacon- You will need these to be cut into little pieces.
- Olive Oil- You can substitute this with other oil such as vegetable or canola.
- Onions- You can use whatever type of onions you wish.
- Celery- These will need to be diced for this recipe.
- Carrots- You will be needing baby carrots for this recipe.
- Broth- You can use chicken stock or broth for this recipe.
- Worcestershire Sauce- This will add a slightly smoky and salty flavor.
- Garlic Powder- This will add a wonderful aroma to your recipe.
- Thyme- This will be an additional herb in the soup.
- Cumin- This will add a slightly spicy flavor to the recipe.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Black Pepper- This will be used for taste.
- Beans- You will need to be dried Great northern beans for this recipe.
How to Make Slow Cooker Bean Soup
Add the bacon into a pan and sauté until crispy, then place it aside.
Pour in the oil and add the onions, celery, and carrots into the slow cooker.
Combine the bacon, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, cumin, salt, pepper, and beans.
Pour in the chicken broth or stock.
Seal the slow cooker.
Set to high heat and cook for 5-6 hours until the veggies and beans are tender.
When the soup is finished garnish with some optional toppings. Suggestions: cheese, greens, green onions, sour cream, avocado, more bacon.
Is Bean with Bacon Soup Healthy?
This Bean and Bacon recipe is definitely on the healthier side. This soup is filled with veggies, herbs, and spices. You can choose to keep the bacon or take it out. And, for an even healthier choice, you can replace it with Turkey bacon.
How Do You Thicken Bean Soup?
It is very simple to thicken your soup. You can add cream to your soup such as sour cream to thicken it. Add whole milk to your recipe and it will help with your consistency. You may also, add flour as another ingredient.
MORE SLOW COOKER RECIPES
Slow Cooker Bean Soup
- 8 oz Bacon cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup Onions diced
- 2 cups Celery diced
- 2 cups Baby carrots sliced
- 64 oz Chicken stock or broth
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp Thyme
- ¼ tsp Cumin ground
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- 1 lb Dried Great Northern Beans
- Saute bacon on the stovetop until crispy. Set aside
- Add olive oil, onions, celery, and carrots to the slow cooker.
- Add the bacon, chicken stock, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, cumin, salt, pepper, and beans.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker
- Cook for 5-6 hours on high until beans and vegetables are soft.
- Garnish bowls of soup with your choice of toppings. Suggestions: cheese, greens, green onions, sour cream, avocado, more bacon.
- Slow cooker, knives, cutting board, measuring spoons, measuring cup,
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
1 thought on “Slow Cooker Bean Soup”
Just made this and it’s soooo good!!
I used ham Instead of bacon. So so good. Can I freeze this?