The holidays are calling! The chilly weather and frosted windows are among us and with this comes, colds, stuffy noses, and the need to snuggle by a cozy fire or under warm blankets. And, while we enjoy this hectic season, we could all use a delicious soup to keep us warm. This Ramen Chicken Noodle Soup will help with just that and may become a go-to in your household.
Ramen Chicken Noodle Soup
This Ramen Noodle Soup is so good! There are a lot of ingredients to add in, but this will just make your soup level up in flavor. Take the average ramen your use too and make it even better with this simple recipe. All the flavors blended together make an absolutely amazing soup, perfect for any occasion! Be sure to save this one!
I don’t know about you but life definitely seems better when you are enjoying a nice hot bowl of Chicken Noodle Soup. If you are a fan of this delicious soup, I have a few more recipe ideas that you might enjoy. Like my Asian Chicken Noodle Soup. Or my Chicken Pot Pie Soup. Of course, my Tex Mex Soup that can be made in an Instant Pot is absolutely yummy.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Carrots– Be sure to slice to prepare.
- Celery stalks- Be sure to have them chopped into pieces.
- Onion– Have them chopped to prepare.
- Mushrooms- Use a cup of sliced mushrooms.
- Garlic powder– This will add a wonderful aroma to the soup.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Cayenne pepper- Optional depending on the spice level
- Pepper- This will be for additional taste.
- Allspice- This will add a wonderful blend of additional flavor.
- Chicken broth- You will need to use low-sodium broth.
- Lemon juice- Use fresh lemon juice for the best taste.
- Fish sauce- This will add an earthy blend of flavor to the soup.
- Ramen noodles- You can discard the seasoning packets.
- Spinach- Be sure to use fresh spinach and make sure to have it chopped.
- Chicken– You can use pre-cooked and shredded chicken.
How to Make Ramen Chicken Noodle Soup
- Put the butter into a large saucepan to melt on medium heat.
- Put all the vegetables and seasonings into the pan and cook until the veggies become tender.
- Pour in the broth and add the chicken, water, lemon juice, and fish sauce. Cook and bring to a boil.
- Put in the noodles, cooked chicken, and spinach and cook until soft. Serve and enjoy!
- Optional garnishes: soft boiled eggs, sesame seeds, scallions, cilantro
What Vegetables Go in Chicken Noodle Soup?
You can put whatever vegetables you want in this recipe. The more the merrier is what I like to say. This Chicken soup is filled with all different types and I’m sure there is more than enough to make this soup amazing. But, if you want to add more, go right ahead! I’ve added carrots, onions, celery, mushrooms, and more!
How Can I Keep My Noodles from Being Mushy?
Keeping your noodles from not getting mushy is simple. For this Chicken Noodle soup recipe draining them and rinsing in cold water is key, if you are to make your own homemade noodles. If you are using packaged noodles like this recipe states, then you will need to make sure to not overcook them.
More Chicken Recipes
- Chicken and Broccoli Crescent Ring
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken
- Slow Cooker Bourbon Chicken
- Instant Pot Coconut Chicken Curry Soup
Ramen Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 carrots sliced
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- ½ cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper optional depending on spice level
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice or juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 3 ounce packages ramen noodles, seasoning packets discarded
- ½ cup fresh spinach chopped
- 2 cups pre-cooked chicken shredded
- optional garnishes: soft boiled eggs sesame seeds, scallions, cilantro
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in the carrots, celery, onion, and mushroom. Season with the garlic powder, salt, cayenne pepper, pepper, and allspice. Cook until the vegetables have softened.
- Add in the chicken broth, shredded chicken, water, lemon juice, and fish sauce. Bring the stock to a boil.
- Add in the ramen noodles, cooked chicken, and spinach and cook until tender. Serve.