Instant Pot Chicken Spaghetti is tender seasoned BBQ chicken and noodles cooked instantly to perfection with a delicious and simple spaghetti sauce.
This spaghetti recipe is so good and perfect for any day of the week. This is a very hearty meal and great for feeding a large family. The flavors blend so well together that it will surely be your new favorite dish. Even the kids will love it!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Spaghetti: This is of course a spaghetti recipe, but you can try any noodles you want. Egg noodles, shells, fettuccine, etc
Chicken: It will need to be boneless and skinless, but you can use any cut you want, I prefer chicken breasts.
Seasonings: You will need salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning.
BBQ Sauce: I use this to brush on top of the chicken to add more flavor.
Heavy Whipping Cream: This will help thicken the sauce and make it creamy.
Cheese: I like to use cheddar cheese and parmesan, but you are free to try any other types of cheese.
How To Make Instant Pot Chicken Spaghetti
Step 1. In a criss-cross pattern, place the spaghetti into the instant pot and top it with water. Put the trivet above the spaghetti. Combine the chicken, olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder, and 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning into a large mixing bowl until the chicken is evenly coated. Put the chicken on the trivet and put the lid on the instant pot and cook on high pressure for 6 minutes. Let the instant pot release pressure naturally for 10 minutes, then do a quick release.
Step 2. Take the chicken out and use a brush to coat it with BBQ sauce. Cut the chicken into small chunks and drain the pasta of water. While the pasta is in the strainer, add the tomatoes and let the tomato juice strain.
Step 1. In a large pot, add the heavy whipping cream, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/2
tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder, and 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning and saute on high. Put in 1 cup of cheddar cheese and combine and cook for 3 minutes. Put the rest of the cheese into the mixture and combine. Allow the mixture to boil and mix often. It should thicken after about 5 minutes, continue to mix.
Step 2. Put in the pasta and tomatoes and combine with the sauce. Put in the chicken and mix to coat. Serve and enjoy!
Can I Use Other Meats In Instant Pot Chicken Spaghetti?
Yes! Although, this chicken spaghetti is far too delicious to make any substitutions. You can use other types of meat like beef, pork, turkey, etc. You may have to adjust the time depending on the meat you use.
How To Store Instant Pot Chicken Spaghetti?
Place the spaghetti into an airtight container for the best storage method. Store the recipe in the fridge or freezer for later use. If the leftovers are stored in the freezer, they will last a lot longer than in the fridge.
More Spaghetti Recipes:
- Cheesy Taco Spaghetti
- Easy Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
- Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Cheesy Baked Bacon Spaghetti
Instant Pot Chicken Spaghetti
- 1/2 lb spaghetti uncooked
- 4 cups water
- 4 chicken breast boneless and skinless
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt divided
- 1/2 tsp pepper divided
- 1 tsp garlic powder divided
- 1 tsp onion powder divided
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning divided
- 1/4 cup honey BBQ sauce
- 14 oz tomatoes diced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- Place spaghetti into your Instant Pot in a criss-cross pattern.
- Add water.
- Place trivet above spaghetti
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/2 tspgarlic powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder, and 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning. Stir until chicken is evenly coated.
- Place chicken on the trivet above pasta.
- Place lid on and pressure on high for 6 minutes.
- Allow natural pressure release for 10 minutes, then quick release.Remove chicken. Brush with BBQ sauce, cut into small chunks, and set aside.
- Strain pasta.While still in the strainer, add diced tomatoes to the pasta. Stir, allowing the tomato juice to strain as well.
- Pour heavy whipping cream into your empty pot with 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/2tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder, and 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning.
- Saute on high.
- Next, add 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Stir contents together and allow to cook for 3 minutes.
- Add remaining 1 cup of cheese and stir together.
- Bring to a boil, stirring often. Allow to cook and thicken for about 5 minutes. Continue stirring often.
- Add pasta and tomatoes.
- Stir together until the pasta is coated with sauce.
- Add chicken and serve