Easy Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
- Rotisserie chicken
- Mexican Cheese
- Sour cream
- Taco Seasoning
- Cream of chicken soup
- Parsley (optional)
How to Make Chicken Spaghetti
- For this recipe, you’ll begin by cooking your pasta according to package directions. Once that is cooked, you will drain and set aside.
- Preheat your oven, then in a large bowl, you will combine all the ingredients.
- Add the mixture to a 9×13 pan.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes as directed. At that point, you will remove the foil and serve!
Can I Freeze this Spaghetti Casserole?
Freezer meals are a mom’s best friend. That’s just one more reason I adore this chicken spaghetti recipe. I know that I can make a double or triple batch and put it in a disposable pan to cover and put it in the freezer. Then, when I am having an exceptionally busy week, I can pop it in the fridge overnight to thaw and make for dinner with zero prep!
To freeze this casserole, make as directed but do not put into the oven to bake. Instead, wrap the entire pan in plastic wrap, and then cover the top with aluminum foil. Add the date and recipe name with baking instructions to the top of the foil, and pop into the freezer. Just make sure you use within 3 months for the best flavor.
Can I Use Canned Chicken in This Recipe?
If you want to make this recipe with canned chicken, you can. It will change the texture of the dish because the canned chicken is smaller pieces than a traditional rotisserie chicken. Using canned chicken is a way to make this recipe even more budget-friendly.
If you grab canned chicken for this recipe, make sure you drain it thoroughly before adding to the mixture. You may also want to rinse it if you find that canned chicken is a bit too salty for your preferences.
Need More Pasta Ideas?
Pasta is a budget-friendly staple in every kitchen. I love knowing I can whip up a full meal in no time using pasta and a few basic pantry ingredients. Whether you go all out for this Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta or you choose to make a simple Tortellini Pasta Salad as a side dish doesn’t matter. We all know the power of a good carb-filled pasta dish on the table!
Of course, some of my personal favorites are my Spaghetti Stuffed Garlic Bread and this super easy and healthier Chicken Parmesan in the Air Fryer.
Easy Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
- 16 oz spaghetti noodles
- 2 cups cooked rotisserie chicken
- 2 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 20 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- dried parsley optional
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions.
- Mix together cooked pasta, chicken, soup, salsa, sour cream, taco seasoning and 1 1/2 cups cheese.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9x13 baking dish covered in non-stick baking spray.
- Top with 1/2 cup cheese and sprinkle with dried parsley (optional).
- Cover with foil and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
8 comments on “Easy Chicken Spaghetti Recipe”
The recipes look amazing
You mention salsa but didn’t tell how much?
I was wondering the same thing!
1 cup of salsa was mentioned
Thanks for sharing this! Actually this is a new recipe to me. I followed your recipe and made these over the weekend. My son absolutely loves them!
So glad you loved it Wesley!
Would it work to add spaghetti squash?
I believe it would be just fine…I use it much of the time instead of spaghetti noodles in many recipes